Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to know if my neighbor the sheital macher is really good

bargainlover

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 6:51 pm
I have given her my weekday shaitel in the past, and she has done a good job....but its a very easy shaitel - not processed, naturally wavy so pretty straightforward. I would like to give her my Shevy shabbos shaitel, which is (obviously) processed and dyed so needs more tlc, especially considering how much I paid! How can I tell/what can I ask to see if she will not ruin it? Thanks!

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 7:10 pm
If she has a son called Avi, and has just started dating a plumber, you can bet she is amazing!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 7:38 pm
I don't have an answer for you , but off topic question: I thought better, more expensive wigs are NOT processed, and the cheaper wigs are the ones that are processed?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:58 pm
A sheital macher is one of those occupations where unless you know she's really good at it, you shouldn't use a neighbor, friend or relative. If you have any kind of problem it can get so sticky and you don't want to ruin your relationship with her if you have to see her all the time.

bargainlover

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:39 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I don't have an answer for you , but off topic question: I thought better, more expensive wigs are NOT processed, and the cheaper wigs are the ones that are processed?

That is probably usually the case. I got an unprocessed natural shaitel from someone who was just starting out so she was much cheaper(she came from Israel with years and years of experience) - now I hear she went up about 300 dollars, but still at least 800 less than the Shevys....the hair may be a little coarse/frizzy but I love it! And so does everyone I convinced to get it BH:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels