Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How is this legal?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:31 am
How can it be legal that just because someone decides to have an unassisted home birth they can have their children taken away?
https://www.yahoo.com/parentin......html
That seems wrong on so many levels.

grace413

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:42 am
I think we are missing a lot of info on this story.

Check out the following link for news on parent/child relationships closer to home for us.

http://www.israelnationalnews......GUfUU

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:44 am
grace, why do you thin we are missing parts of the story?

Barbara

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:49 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
How can it be legal that just because someone decides to have an unassisted home birth they can have their children taken away?
https://www.yahoo.com/parentin......html
That seems wrong on so many levels.

According to the article, children cannot be removed from the home due to home birth, unassisted or otherwise.

The child protective agency claims that there is something else going on. There is reference to the twins being very small, and her difficulty in maintaining supply for 3 BF kids. She apparently started supplementing after a (probably mandated) pediatrician visit.

So who knows why the children were actually removed. Then returned with oversight.

grace413

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 5:16 am
I may be wrong but I have an impression of Bellingham, WA as a major center of crunchiness.

I generally find the yahoo news articles to be very shallow and sensationalist.

CPS organizations tend to be massively overworked and understaffed. I have a hard time believing they are pulling kids out for no reason (ok, doesn't mean it can't happen). I'm sure neglected kids not being helped is a much bigger problem.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 5:42 am
I had an unassisted homebirth, (the midwife didn't get here in time-maybe I'll type it up at some point...) But I am the first to say it's irresponsible, stupid and dangerous. Someone who does it especially in a risk, let alone high risk birth should be watched by the CPS. she values natural over safety. I am originally from that corner of the globe, happily away from the post hippie crazies. And I'm natural minded myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics