Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
How much should I expect to pay for professional pictures?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:18 am
I would want a few prints of a few pictures, perhaps a few of the baby, and one family picture. How much should I expect to pay? I would also want a CD of the pictures.

Shoelover

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:20 am
Are you using a self employed photographer or a place like picture ppl

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:23 am
That really depends on where you go! J C Pennys is awesome and with a coupon its less than $10/sheet. Picture people is more. If you want private photographer as opposed to a company, rates differ dramatically as well! More info on what you are looking for would help.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:28 am
I second JCPenny. It's not the best quality, but we got some amazing photos of DD and all of us, and we spent under $100, and that included membership where we won't pay sitting fees for 2 years. You can also find coupons online for really good deals, like $4 a sheet a photos.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:35 am
I guess I would want to go the cheaper way. I assume a private photographer is a lot more money, correct? Is it worth it to go that route; are the pictures much better?

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:02 am
[quote="allthingsblue"]I guess I would want to go the cheaper way. I assume a private photographer is a lot more money, correct? Is it worth it to go that route; are the pictures much better?[/quote

private photographer usually charges a sitting fee of $75-150. They don't always provide the cd and if they do its a lot extra unless they are offering a package deal. Depends what you want to do with the pictures afterwards.....

suzyq

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:08 am
As others have said, it really depends. We usually pay about $75 for an hour-long photo session where we get a CD of all the pics and then we pay to print whatever we want (you can get very good deals online). I usually prefer that to JCPenney, especially because we can choose the location and we usually get more nice shots that way (I had 2 nightmare photo sessions at JCPenney and won't go there again).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics