Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My 2 yr old is killing me!
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 10:16 am
My kids are almost trained especially my dd. They hand me their dirty diapers when they are done (though they don't dig into nor make a mess anymore b"h).
they know to wipe themselves too with tissues and hand it to me Puke OYYYYYYYYY the joys of not one but two Now I firmly tell them they are capable to take it off they are quite capable to put it in a bag for mummy to take outside.

My others also went thru this stage but once Exclamation and that was it. WIth these two they give each other chizuk for both the good and the mischievious Confused

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 5:05 am
She's testing you to see how far you will go. A two year old is old enough to understand as you say your daughter is a smart girl. I would be firm with her and punish her and see how it goes. How about letting her clean her mess up once in a while.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:14 am
Tefila wrote:
My kids are almost trained especially my dd. They hand me their dirty diapers when they are done (though they don't dig into nor make a mess anymore b"h).
they know to wipe themselves too with tissues and hand it to me Puke OYYYYYYYYY the joys of not one but two Now I firmly tell them they are capable to take it off they are quite capable to put it in a bag for mummy to take outside.

My others also went thru this stage but once Exclamation and that was it. WIth these two they give each other chizuk for both the good and the mischievious Confused

I like the chizzuk part - one way to look at it - or make that 2!!

MartyB

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 12:14 pm
Haven't been in the same sitch (yet?) But I have read that it is a stage and that kids do so out of curiosity and that you should NOT punish them for it. Stay calm, clean it up and I guess try teach them not to play with it. I am also not into corporal punishment. I just don't see what benefit there is in punishing for something that is age appropriate.
Good luck!!

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 9:46 am
Ok, this is not funny anymore. This morning, I went to take my baby out of the crib and saw the usual Picasso scenery. This morning though, I couldn’t find any ‘pieces’ and I panicked….. “Now what did she do with them”!

So I peeled off the bedding, and when I took off her pillowcase, I fond them stuffed inside… ok fine.

Then I went to pick her up from playgroup before and I repeated it to the teacher. The teacher turned colors… couldn’t catch her breath. She kept repeating ‘I don’t believe it, I don’t believe it’. Finally, she tells me “yesterday, we were making arts & crafts and only your daughter was staring at me when I was stuffing the cotton pieces into the pillow! No wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:06 am
Rolling Laughter

What a great story. Sorry your going through all this. My 2.5 year old does s/thing similar. He takes off his diaper whenever he wants, doesn't tell me - than he makes wherever he happen to be- and gets all upset that he made a mess and he is all dirty.

I think the sleeper idea is a great idea- why not do prevention at least until she grows out of it- my 2.5 year old still wears a sleeper - They even make sleepers for adults, too.

Play dough is great, but it's chometzdik and if it was my kid it would be found all over the house- great nutritional food for my baby to pick up and eat.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:22 am
I did the sleeper... she's very athletic and has no problem getting out of them !

elmofood

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:44 am
have you tried wrapping heavy tape around her diaper? you just need to get through this stage so creativity is the only answer. this is a developmental and partially sensroy issue. so in this case yes prevention is the only way to deal with it. maybe a sleeper with buttons, you might have to make it! there has got be something that she cant get out of.
I feel for you. this too shall pass

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:49 am
I'm going to tape up her diaper tonight... no shabbos morning routines. I'll see if it works! (going to have to make pre-cut strips for shabbos)

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:53 am
I'm not sure if you are allowed to use tape on shabbos, even if it is precut. maybe ask your lor.

micki

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 9:40 pm
I'm sorry but that is disgusting!!! I have a 2 yr old and I would never allow her to do this.
you say she is a smart kid, well tell her NO! my 2 yr old understands that. she may not listne but she knows what no means.
just today she was bothering her sister and I told her no! she ignored me. so I took her out of her chair and said if you will bother her you cant sit here.
she looks at me and says no biba? I said no- you cant bother her. she got it thru and thru.

you should make sure it never happens again by putting hte seepers on backwords and safety pinning it shut if you need to. and if it does happen then you need to tell her she is never to do this again! its disgusting-
do you disinfect the crib every morning?

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 6:40 am
Yes, we disinfect the crib and bedding every lovely time she does it! and it aint fun but I accept it as part of my ‘tzar gidul bonim’ because this kid is just one smart one! Point is, of course it’s disgusting. My other 2 did it once each, never again. This one is relentless and she will go to all lengths to make me explode, which I haven’t yet.

Too bad we didn’t do the tape on shabbos, but she didn’t do her shtick either, B’H. During the week, I will do the tape and see if she has tried to free herself. If yes, we can label her ‘Houdini’ and maybe get a tax break.
Rolling Eyes

withhumor

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 7:07 pm
Our joy may be premature, but this shabbos morning I followed the stink into my baby’s room to find her standing stark naked, all bedding stripped and thrown out of the crib, everything was gone except for the secure pamper, wrapped in duct tape! For more than a week now, we’ve been ‘doing it’ and every time I do it, she fakes a cry and says boo-boo, it’s just a plea to my humanity. I put her to bed with a guilty heart, terrified that social services will come tearing down my door any second….. and then in the morning when she’s nicely put together, I rejoice!

creativemom

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 9:44 pm
With one of my boys we put him to bed in a snap onesy, backwards, and just to be sure we put on button overralls, also backwards. This worked well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics