Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Issue with my childs therapist

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 2:13 pm
My son gets serveral therapies at school for various reasons - OT, PT, Speech, and Counseling work on social anxiety.
He started with a new OT this year but his other therapists have remained the same and he enjoys the other therapies, they are in touch with me as needed, through a communication notebook. I asked if his OT update me on what they do, as well as implement certain methods, speak to the counselor about it, to make him less anxious so he would gain the most from his therapy.
It is now December - they have seen each other since school started and she never gets in touch with me. I have tried emailing her and calling her every few weeks and sometimes she responds, but often not. My son tells me he doesn't like OT (he is nervous about it), so I'm trying to find a new one.
In the meantime I had a conversation with her about him having issues with OT, and she didn't seem so interesting in giving me any time. I called the school to officially tell them I don't want my son using her anymore - and apparently she had bad mouthed me to the head of the department - saying I was calling and emailing her too much and she couldn't be in touch with me that much! I'm so offended by this, yes I emailed and called a few times, I would say about once every 3 weeks to see how he was doing, and perhaps a couple more times in the last 2 weeks when I found out that he was very anxious specifically about OT.
Any thoughts about this? What's normal communication with a therapist -specifically when the child is having anxiety about it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children