Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Listen to this song and guess my pest
Previous  1  2

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:12 pm
Fox wrote:
PSA: check with your rav before using glue traps. Our rav holds that it is tzaar baal chaim.

what if I tell the rav that it is either the mouse or me

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:22 pm
southernbubby wrote:
what if I tell the rav that it is either the mouse or me

Well, our rav told us about the Rat Zapper. And, truly, heartless libertarian that I am, I can't bear to see what those glue traps do.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:30 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, our rav told us about the Rat Zapper. And, truly, heartless libertarian that I am, I can't bear to see what those glue traps do.

I had a hard time watching it die in the glue trap too but I just asked the rav and he said I could use it. I really want that rat zapper though.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:37 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It depends on the intelligence of the mouse.

Are you insulting my intelligence now? After I publicly admitted to getting stuck on those annoying traps?

embarrassed

Btw good to hear that they might be tzar baalei chayim, I will bring that to my husband's attention (orally, not by showing him this thread chv!!). Maybe then I will finally get my floor back.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:39 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Are you insulting my intelligence now? After I publicly admitted to getting stuck on those annoying traps?

embarrassed

Btw good to hear that they might be tzar baalei chayim, I will bring that to my husband's attention (orally, not by showing him this thread chv!!). Maybe then I will finally get my floor back.

Bear, I am really batting 1000 tonight. First I insulted a poster over her instant mashed potatoes and then I questioned your intelligence. And you wonder if people really do get smarter with age. That other poster put me back in the 5th grade.

penguin

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:45 pm
Is anyone aware of any studies evaluating the possible effects of these vibrations on humans?

Shtell zich fohr (non-translatable) - if a pesticide kills pests, and in minute amounts is supposed to be safe for humans, but then years later they realize that just maybe there are toxic amounts of pesticides accumulating in human tissues .... so while these vibrations (or high-pitched tones) don't seem to be detectible by humans, how do we know they're not doing minute damage that can add up.

Google geopathic stress, for example.

(Note that if I represent myself as someone concerned about pesticide use, and you later discover my stash of junk food... oh, never mind.)

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:29 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Bear, I am really batting 1000 tonight. First I insulted a poster over her instant mashed potatoes and then I questioned your intelligence. And you wonder if people really do get smarter with age. That other poster put me back in the 5th grade.

oy bubby, who can find insult in your words?

I have concluded that bears are infinitely more intelligent than mice, and my falling into traps has nothing to do with my IQ and everything to do with my klutziness...

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:59 pm
youngishbear wrote:
oy bubby, who can find insult in your words?

I have concluded that bears are infinitely more intelligent than mice, and my falling into traps has nothing to do with my IQ and everything to do with my klutziness...

I just don't know bear. People are very sensitive. Bear, I just heard something move. I hope it isn't another mouse.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics