Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Red Tent (mini series now)

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:14 am
has anyone seen the first part of this mini series? I read the book many many years ago and it was very disturbing to me and just finished watching the first part of the mini series.

Anyone else?

SRB

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:25 am
I don't have cable so I couldn't watch it but wanted to. My sister watched it and said the acting was bad, more like a soap opera. Do you know if/how I can see it on line?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:29 am
SRB wrote:
I don't have cable so I couldn't watch it but wanted to. My sister watched it and said the acting was bad, more like a soap opera. Do you know if/how I can see it on line?
yes. I watched it online.
I also thought the acting was horrible.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:34 am
I hated the book and found it disturbing too.

The trailer looked WAAAY too s-xual for me. The only reason I even watched the trailer was because the video thumbnail showed Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly). Apparently she plays Rachel.

I wonder if they timed the tv film to come out just in time for that parsha. I'd really be surprised to see their target demographic in that case.

SRB

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:35 am
Thanks, I'll try to find it online. I'd still like to see it - even with bad acting. Iheard the book was good and don't have time to read it now. I'm more curious about the storyline.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:36 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I hated the book and found it disturbing too.

The trailer looked WAAAY too s-xual for me. The only reason I even watched the trailer was because the video thumbnail showed Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly). Apparently she plays Rachel.

I wonder if they timed the tv film to come out just in time for that parsha. I'd really be surprised to see their target demographic in that case.
It was not so s-xual. I mean there were a few s@x scenes, but nothing too terrible (thats my opinion obviously) but overall this was not a s-xual mini series at all.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:39 am
SRB wrote:
Thanks, I'll try to find it online. I'd still like to see it - even with bad acting. Iheard the book was good and don't have time to read it now. I'm more curious about the storyline.
right, the storyline is what I dont like. how the author changed around some big events in history.

scrltfr

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 10:51 pm
Spoiler alert!

I watched the 2nd half today. Pretty bad. But it would have been a great story had Ramos turned out to be paroh! Would have made sense why he hated the isrealites. I read the book a long time ago so I dont really remember how different this was from the book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics