Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
List your favorite kosher k-cup

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:01 am
Looking at buying a keurig and looking for suggestions for great coffee!

Also if you can... Which coffee brewer do you have and do you like/ recommend it?

sky

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:18 am
What do you like? Strong, medium, light, flavored, etc. I like lots of coffee. Too many to list. Do you want most expensive or reasonable or cheap?

Favorite Expensive:
Starbucks Cafe Verona
Starbucks Cinnamon Cinnamon Deluce

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:43 am
If you're looking to save money, you can buy a reusable k cup and put any coffee you want in it Smile works great

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:50 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
If you're looking to save money, you can buy a reusable k cup and put any coffee you want in it Smile works great

do they work with all machines... I heard only the k5/k40 elite. Is that true

iamamother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:13 pm
when u buy the machine it comes with a reusable one...

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:28 pm
Our machine definitely didn't come with it. If not all machines are compatible, that would be a major factor for me in choosing which one to get. It's worth having the option IMO.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:32 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Our machine definitely didn't come with it. If not all machines are compatible, that would be a major factor for me in choosing which one to get. It's worth having the option IMO.

that's what im debating, According to keurig (although some reviewers don't agree) only the elite (k40/k45) take the my k-cup. The 2.0 series which is newer and can make a carafe of coffee does not take the my k cup. Im trying to figure out which one is more economical and a stronger machine.

So if you ladies can chime in and let me know which machine you have and if you would recommend it, I would be very greatful

And.... Thanks for the list of flavors. Keep them coming!

m+m

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:42 pm
I have K350

I like the Starbucks House Blend, although it is quite strong. I would prefer something a tad lighter.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:55 pm
Esti's Mom wrote:
I have K350

I like the Starbucks House Blend, although it is quite strong. I would prefer something a tad lighter.

For how long and would you recommend it , why or why not?
Thx

m+m

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
For how long and would you recommend it , why or why not?
Thx

I got it a few months ago. I like that you can brew several cups of coffee at once. I like that it hold a lot of water so you don't need to refill every day. It also has an option to make the coffee stronger. The coffee is nice and hot. This is the only Keurig I owned so I don't know if these features are available on the other machines.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 1:17 pm
I have a Keurig Elite Brewing System for 2 years and am happy with it. don't know about others.

I probably like my coffee a bit hotter then it makes it.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 5:43 pm
any others?

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 7:58 pm
The Original Donut Shop® Coffee Medium Roast

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 8:09 pm
sky wrote:
I have a Keurig Elite Brewing System for 2 years and am happy with it. don't know about others.

I probably like my coffee a bit hotter then it makes it.

I've been hearing that many ppl find some machines aren't making the coffee hot enough. I do like a very hot coffee and im not looking to microwave after brewing.

Anyone have a model that makes it quite hot?

debsey

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 8:13 pm
Archer Farms Caramel Macchiato! OU Pareve and really tastes of caramel. I love it.....The new Starbucks Blonde is also good. It's less caffeinated than some of the other Starbucks.
When I want to splurge, and have a very strong cup, Starbucks Mocha.

Chloe22

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 8:30 pm
Green Mountain Hazelnut

misteray

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 9:49 am
Not sure what model I have (I had it for about 3+ years) and it definitely doesn't make the coffee as hot as I'd prefer- but I usually don't mind.

My all time favorite coffee is Jamaica Me Crazy by Wolfgang puck with kahlua coming in second. I've tried tons and tons of different ones and generally the flavored ones are too mild for me (usually they are a light roast) and the dark roasts too strong- I am more of "medium" roast drinker.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
I've been hearing that many ppl find some machines aren't making the coffee hot enough. I do like a very hot coffee and im not looking to microwave after brewing.

Anyone have a model that makes it quite hot?

I think at this point I've gotten used to it. Someone on imamother once suggested making an empty cup of hot water and then a real cup of coffee immediately after and it will be much hotter. I did it for a short while but it took too much time.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 11:31 am
sky wrote:
I think at this point I've gotten used to it. Someone on imamother once suggested making an empty cup of hot water and then a real cup of coffee immediately after and it will be much hotter. I did it for a short while but it took too much time.

thx... good suggestion.

I think im going with the 2.0 either 450 or 550 model, whichever I find aa better deal for...

sky

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 12:30 pm
debsey wrote:
Archer Farms Caramel Macchiato! OU Pareve and really tastes of caramel. I love it.....The new Starbucks Blonde is also good. It's less caffeinated than some of the other Starbucks.
When I want to splurge, and have a very strong cup, Starbucks Mocha.

That was really good. I bought it on your recommendation - so thanks.
Because they were having a good sale if you bought 3 I also bought the dark chocolate coffee (also OU Pareve). it smells like the Chocolate ride in Hershey Chocolate World where you drive though the Cocoa roaster. It is amazing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen