Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dating a guy who does not have a civil divorce
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 11:36 pm
I was in the same situation. My husband didn't have his civil divorce when we were dating but he did have his get. I didn't know this initially and when I found out I was not very happy that he held back this information from me. I also wasn't sure if I would continue to date him being that he was not officially divorced. It ended up not being such a big deal to get the divorce just a matter of making a couple of phone calls back and forth to his lawyer to settle some details. He did get the civil divorce shortly thereafter. I would recommend bringing up the topic with him directly, express that u are concerned about it, and ask him what is holding up the civil divorce and what more needs to b done in order to get it. If it's nothing complicated, it shouldn't be a big deal. However I would wait till he gets it before getting engaged/married. And let him know that u wouldn't consider getting engaged/married to someone without it.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:22 am
amother wrote:
I was in the same situation. My husband didn't have his civil divorce when we were dating but he did have his get. I didn't know this initially and when I found out I was not very happy that he held back this information from me. I also wasn't sure if I would continue to date him being that he was not officially divorced. It ended up not being such a big deal to get the divorce just a matter of making a couple of phone calls back and forth to his lawyer to settle some details. He did get the civil divorce shortly thereafter. I would recommend bringing up the topic with him directly, express that u are concerned about it, and ask him what is holding up the civil divorce and what more needs to b done in order to get it. If it's nothing complicated, it shouldn't be a big deal. However I would wait till he gets it before getting engaged/married. And let him know that u wouldn't consider getting engaged/married to someone without it.
Thanks. But this was not about me. It was about a friend. I dont even live in the same state as her. She will have to talk to the guy herself and we will all hope for the best in the end.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:31 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. But this was not about me. It was about a friend. I dont even live in the same state as her. She will have to talk to the guy herself and we will all hope for the best in the end.

Yes sorry now I see that u wrote it's for a friend. Didn't read it carefully the first time.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics