Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constipated because of dairy or medication?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:26 pm
just about a week ago, I decided I had enough of being off dairy, my DD is 6 mo already, so I went back on. just at that time, she had an ear infection that hadnt cleared up from weaker meds, so she was put on augmentin, which I know can cause upset stomach and diarrhea. she had major diarrhea on day 2 & 3 of the meds, but after that she just seems constipated. she has much more dirty diapers than usual-like 3 a day (at least!) but she pushes & pushes before each one. im just wondering if the constipation can be caused by the augmentin or if its the dairy im eating. if I know its the dairy I am prepared to go back off it, though of course ill be upset; I hardly got a chance to eat a slice of pizza Wink tia

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:36 pm
Augmentin for sure could cause the constipation, it really messes with the stomach, and the dairy is probably adding to the aggravation. First start with giving her good quality probiotics to counter-effect the augmentin side effects and if it doesn't improve after a few days then try limiting the dairy again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics