Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Please recommend a vacuum cleaner!
Previous  1  2

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 4:16 pm
I'm out on the street and seeing a Miele van here- they're advertising "fine German appliances".
Just throwing it out there for those who don't purchase German stuff.

Last edited by IMHopinion on Thu, Dec 11 2014, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
not really ...you are spending $400 is 5 yrs while I spent $600 in 8 yrs ...

Nope, going rate is $150 on a good sale, I was working on inflation of prices, and generously assuming it would rise to $200. So $350 in 10 years (when the second warranty expires, assuming both only last 5 years).

Sherri

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:02 pm
I hope to get a Shark!

precious

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 10:22 am
are you happy with the Shark? I was just doing some research and it seems to be highly rated, but sounds like its hard and messy to empty the dirt?

Leahh

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 10:34 am
I have the Hoover Wind tunnel Canister and am thrilled with it. It's over 8 years old. I use it on the steps at least once a week. I stand it up on a step, vacuum a few, move it down, vacuum a few more.... There is also a Hoover wind tunnel upright that's supposed to be very good but I don't have it so can't give you much information about it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 10:40 am
precious wrote:
are you happy with the Shark? I was just doing some research and it seems to be highly rated, but sounds like its hard and messy to empty the dirt?

We unclip the canister and turn upside down over the garbage can..not hard at all!

mommyla

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 11:03 am
I am loving mine so far... it's so easy to clean the stairs and other out-of-the-way places with the removable canister. It's great!

das

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 12:56 pm
Delighted with my Sebo. It is pricey though.

das

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 1:00 pm
I'd highly recomend you buy a quality vacuum cleaner. yes, tehy're expensive but they'll last for over a decade while the other ones constantly break. I also recomend you check out Williamsburg Vacuum. I live nowhere near williamsburg but after getting good reviews about them I ordered one over the phone and they delivered it to my house. I've called them at least a dozen times with qs and they always helped me over the phone, they really really know their stuff and are so helpful. (Like, help there's a red light etc...)

mamamam

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 1:32 pm
The Miele works great for me!

m+m

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 4:50 pm
I recently got the Cordless Dyson and I have been out of control vacuuming. There's no cord so it's so quick and easy. I use it on all my floors and I barely use a broom anymore. I know you said you don't want a Dyson, but you may want to rethink that.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....nimal

mommyla

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 8:16 pm
Thanks for the new recommendations. I started this thread three weeks ago and ended up buying the Shark (discussed above). Loving it!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 16 2015, 12:48 am
Bump, different poster.
I need a new vacuum ASAP and need to decide between an expensive one or the shark Liftaway.
Please help!

Undefined

Post Fri, Jan 16 2015, 12:57 am
Definitely the shark rotator 3 in 1 lift away. Had a Dyson for 10 years and this works just as well with better features.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 16 2015, 9:16 am
Thanks, my concern is that some reviews state that the vacuum broke fast. I'm worried it won't last me more than a year.

Undefined

Post Fri, Jan 16 2015, 10:55 am
If your get it at Bed bath and beyond they will always take it back. it helps if you save box and receipt
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry