Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you think it is yoysher to visit imamother during work?
Previous  1  2

Basya

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:19 pm
Quote:
I think it's 100% WRONG to be on any website while being paid by your boss. I would considor it total stealing if my employees spent my paid hours chatting online.

But what if your employees are not busy? Like in my office sometimes it's crazy busy and other times it is so quiet but I need to be here all the time because it can get very busy without warning, and to answer the phone.

Before I found imamother I brought books and needlepoint to do during the boring hours- but this is soo much more exciting and convienient. My bosses have seen me online and never said anything- if they need me to do something - they tell me and I am off right away- They got frusturated when I kept asking them for work when there was none.

So do you still think it is 100% wrong? I mean what should I do- climb the walls?

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:23 pm
I mean I understand that if the office is busy it's 100% wrong...

But quiet times, one can go NUTZ.. I work for a non-profit, only one in the office.. NO one to talk to... there are days... u can buggy

Also, some people function better when they are multi-tasking..

GramaNewYork

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:28 pm
I agree with Basya. I am costantly trying to get info at work so that I can do various tasks and projects and there is SO MUCH time when I simply CANNOT DO ANYTHING. While it is embarrassing to be caught on line, at the same time, like Basya says, what should I do in that time? Getting caught saying Tehilim would also be embarrassig for me.

All that said, boy, do I LOVE imamother. I sent in a donation this week because I love it so much Smile

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:34 pm
I think if handled right it would be no different than making a phone call ... but those are usually quick ... not yenting ... for a purpose ... so ...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 3:12 pm
If you work by the hour it's one thing.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 10:00 pm
I think its completely wrong and stealing. If someone works better 'multi-tasking" that is no excuse, multi-task work stuff, not your personal life with work.

That being said, I find it alarming and shocking to realize how many people cheat their companies/organization, and I'm definately NOT talking about people on forums in particular. People on private phone calls, going out for lunch for hours etc.

dr pepper

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 10:05 pm
I think if you feel you need to hide your online time, or hide the imamother screen from your boss, then that says it all.

some employers are more relaxed and couldn't care less, especially if it's not busy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics