Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
MY 2 YEAR OLD IS WAKING UP NUMEROUS TIMES DURING THE NIGHT

Yiddishefroi

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 2:11 am
My 2 year old ogre into bed anytime from about 7 and on. During the night he gets up numerous times crying. Ive noticed that he can stay up for long stretches of time. He has had different stages and once upon a time did sleep through the night. I recently decided to buckle down with his sleep schedule. I used to go into his room and sit there until I was able to leave (he didn't notice). At this point, do I let him cry and not go into the room, or go in every few minutes to show I'm there. I know that I can ask pediatrician but I am just wondering what other mother'a experiences have been..

Thank you and I look forward to your response

chani8

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 3:10 am
I'd sit with him until he falls asleep, but not go in during the night, as long as you know everything is ok.

However, do you have any idea what is going on with him that he's waking up so much?

Stress? Worms? Is he cold? or hot? Ears hurt?
Or maybe he needs to stop taking daytime naps?

ETA- and welcome to imamother!

amother

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 4:25 am
I also think worms.

we have found this to be the case with our kids many times. I thnk just go to the dr. its more common than you think.

bnm

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 9:19 am
we have all sorts of scenarios: worms, a cold, a growth spurt, teething, strep, ear infection, sinus infection, sleep apnea....

chanee

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 11:11 am
I had this with my child since she was like 1 1/2 after she had started sleeping through the night. I did find she had strep several times which did help after the medication but eventually she outgrew it at 2 1/2 when she started sleeping through the night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics