Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17 37  38  39  Next

obsesseddancer

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:12 pm
For those of you who didn't see the other thread, I realized that I did ask on here as well for Tehillim for my dear friend Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah. I just want to update that she, Esther bas Aharon ve'Tzipporah, was nifteres this past shabbos. (They took off the added name Nomi since it didn't help.) I am devastated on so many levels. She was the one person in my life who, although going through so much herself, never forgot to text me to ask about how we were doing or if we needed anything. Until 3 weeks before her death, when she was too medicated to be able to text, she was still concerned for our well-being. I would have done anything for her, and did try to do everything to make her last weeks better for her, but there is always that wish that I could have done more. This void will never be filled. On a practical level, Naomi was actually helping us in a more tangible way, acting as a conduit for donations so that she could supplement us with gas money because of all the hospital trips we had to make. I have no idea if anyone else knew about what she was doing, or if people will come forward to pick up the slack and collect, and I am getting a bit concerned as I am not the type to come right out and ask people I know. It is only slightly more anonymous on this forum, as there are some of you out there who know me, so I really hate this, but I have to ask. Our Chai Lifeline link is still active here: https://www.chailifeline.org/e.....unds/
but to be honest, we get the funds faster and more accessible if paypal donated to obsesseddancer@aol.com. Thanks so much in advance.

As for Kayla Rus, she is having a hard time on her current chemo, and we don't yet know if it is working, we have scans coming up in a couple of weeks and will have a better idea then of where we stand. Wishing you all a Happy Chanuka, and may it bring miracles all around.

monseychick

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:15 pm
Will keep daverning. Wish I could do more...

Shabat Shalom

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:30 pm
Hi, I know I'm late but I just caught up on this thread (been following all along Smile)

I use columbia all the time for my son and I know how bad the parking can be there.
That's the reason that I usually take chailifeline rides,

When we do drive, we first circle for parking and if that doesn't work there is cheaper parking on 165th street between Broadway and Amsterdam ave. Right behind the chase bank. I think it's a little over $20 a day- not overnight though.

I know it's still expensive but not nearly as bad the Hospital's prices

Columbia is the only Hospital I used that has such exhorbitant parking prices for it's patients!
(Boston children's gives it free for inpatients if you qualify and ASK about the program! )

Hope this helps you for the future.

Refuah Shelaimah!

obsesseddancer

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:27 pm
Thank you, we knew about that parking lot at Columbia. We would have LOVED to get Chai Lifeline rides, but they wouldn't pick us up in Staten Island and go through NJ. Fortunately, our doctor at LIJ is friends with the doctor at Columbia and so they are managing the case jointly and we usually can go to LIJ except if the LIJ doctor is out of town. Which still gets us back to gas costs, even if we don't have parking issues.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:34 pm
Davening for her! Besiros tovos!

amother

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
I put in to win shaitels in several chinese auctions. Daven that I win because I plan to give the brand new shaitels to you!

I saw a contest online run by www.chesed247 .org you can win a shaitel for $18.oo
they also just opened a hospitality apartment near NYPRESBYTERian columbia university medical center
845-354 -3233

type chesed 247.org to find the site

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 7:12 pm
obsesseddancer wrote:
Thank you, we knew about that parking lot at Columbia. We would have LOVED to get Chai Lifeline rides, but they wouldn't pick us up in Staten Island and go through NJ. Fortunately, our doctor at LIJ is friends with the doctor at Columbia and so they are managing the case jointly and we usually can go to LIJ except if the LIJ doctor is out of town. Which still gets us back to gas costs, even if we don't have parking issues.

Dont know if this is a possibility but thought I'd put it out there anyway...
Can you drive 30 minutes to Brooklyn and have Chai Lifeline pick you up from there?
No parking fee and much less gas then driving all the was to the city. And I think SI residents get a discount on the Verrazano.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
Dont know if this is a possibility but thought I'd put it out there anyway...
Can you drive 30 minutes to Brooklyn and have Chai Lifeline pick you up from there?
No parking fee and much less gas then driving all the was to the city. And I think SI residents get a discount on the Verrazano.

We did that once, it was a disaster. Took over 2 hours in Gowanus and FDR traffic. Makes more sense to go thru NJ over the GW, 35 minutes tops. Our time is valuble too. Smile

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 12:14 pm
Kayla Rus is in scans now to determine if her new chemo pill has had any effect on her illness. I have set up a personalized tehillim link for her here, if you don't mind. Thank you. http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=kWDKy6FsPT

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 12:24 pm
Davened for the best possible results Hug

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 12:27 pm
I'm with mamayou & kayla rus in prayer as always - every day ... Hug

amother

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 12:35 pm
Just gave a donation and will daven for Kayla Rus.
Refuah Shalaima.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 2:25 pm
Davening. May she have a Refuah Shelaima B'Karov.

cholenteater

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 3:25 pm
Davening... Hug

Sanguine

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 4:10 pm
obsesseddancer wrote:
I have set up a personalized tehillim link for her here, if you don't mind. Thank you. http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=kWDKy6FsPT
I davened for her (I love that Tehillim link). May she have a Refuah Shleima

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 2:08 pm
Scans showed stable disease with tumors slightly less active, which means we keep going on this awful chemo. Just pray for fewer side effects going forward, this drug does not allow her much access to school, or so it seems.

That time of year again, last chance for 2014 tax deductible donations to Chai Lifeline, specify us in section 3. thanks so much in advance.
https://www.chailifeline.org/e.....unds/

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 9:28 pm
obsesseddancer wrote:
Scans showed stable disease with tumors slightly less active, which means we keep going on this awful chemo. Just pray for fewer side effects going forward, this drug does not allow her much access to school, or so it seems.

That time of year again, last chance for 2014 tax deductible donations to Chai Lifeline, specify us in section 3. thanks so much in advance.
https://www.chailifeline.org/e.....unds/

I am davening for Kayla Rus bas Chaya Rochel for less side effects, and for a complete refuah shalaima bakarov!

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 11:35 pm
I daven for her regularly and put $100 in your account a couple days ago. Refuah sheleimah, may this time become a distant bad memory as you celebrate her total recovery very soon iy"H.

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 11:45 pm
We suffered another devastating loss today:

http://baltimorejewishlife.com.....56482

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

Dovid's daughter is Kayla Rus' best friend. He was my biggest supporter and a dear friend. His other daughter, one who just got married in September, is my daughter Eliana's best friend. Eliana is in Israel for seminary. We had not planned to bring her home for Pesach. I was starting to think about trying to find a way to do that after all because Kayla Rus has not been feeling well lately, having a difficult time with chemo and losing weight again, and having severe back pain and digestive distress. She is very close with Eliana and it would give her chizuk to have her home for a bit. I spoke with Eliana today and she is devastated at the passing of Dovid Winiarz, as we all are, and it is very hard for her to be so far away when we are all in such turmoil. So I would really like to try to swing a trip home for her for Pesach vacation. If any of you can help us out, we would very much appreciate it.

This loss so soon after the loss of our dear friend Naomi, is too much to bear. Dovid told me after that loss, "I've got your back, Sister," and indeed he was a brother to me. He loved every Jew and his love was pure. I realize that Kayla Rus has another strong advocate in shamayim now, to add to Naomi and also Dovid's mother-in-law who passed away two days after Naomi did, but that does not soften this blow. His poor wife just lost her mother and now this... it is too much. We need Moshiach more than ever now.

boysrus

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 12:01 am
obsesseddancer wrote:
We suffered another devastating loss today:

http://baltimorejewishlife.com.....56482

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

Dovid's daughter is Kayla Rus' best friend. He was my biggest supporter and a dear friend. His other daughter, one who just got married in September, is my daughter Eliana's best friend. Eliana is in Israel for seminary. We had not planned to bring her home for Pesach. I was starting to think about trying to find a way to do that after all because Kayla Rus has not been feeling well lately, having a difficult time with chemo and losing weight again, and having severe back pain and digestive distress. She is very close with Eliana and it would give her chizuk to have her home for a bit. I spoke with Eliana today and she is devastated at the passing of Dovid Winiarz, as we all are, and it is very hard for her to be so far away when we are all in such turmoil. So I would really like to try to swing a trip home for her for Pesach vacation. If any of you can help us out, we would very much appreciate it.

This loss so soon after the loss of our dear friend Naomi, is too much to bear. Dovid told me after that loss, "I've got your back, Sister," and indeed he was a brother to me. He loved every Jew and his love was pure. I realize that Kayla Rus has another strong advocate in shamayim now, to add to Naomi and also Dovid's mother-in-law who passed away two days after Naomi did, but that does not soften this blow. His poor wife just lost her mother and now this... it is too much. We need Moshiach more than ever now.

Oh my goodness, cant believe you posted this just at the same time that I was PMing you about this...
Hug Hug Hug
Page 16 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed