Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Getting rid of roaches in the kitchen

miami85

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 11:32 pm
We've recently been seeing roaches with more regularity. I've been reading up on how to get rid of them, and 2 things it mentioned, I'm wondering how to do practically in the kitchen: 1)Get rid of water supply--do you wipe down the sink every time? 2) Clean the stove top from grease--how to manage that regularly? We have a pilot so the stove top gets hot, so it's not so easy to clean frequently.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 1:56 am
You have to figure out where they are coming in from and put poison there. They are enjoying the water and grease but they are not coming in thru them Wink

Sanguine

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 3:01 am
amother wrote:
You have to figure out where they are coming in from
Right. Find a hole where they're coming in. For a while I kept finding big ones in my bathrooms. All my drains had those covers with holes so they weren't coming in like that. Then one day I was trying to chase one down the drain and he showed me their secret door. He jumped into the hole in the front of the sink (for overflow water). I put tape on those holes and never had roaches again (almost). They have to be getting in somehow. Try to find out how. Then spray or cover.

chani8

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 3:03 am
Just don't mess with this, get an exterminator in! Worth every penny against roaches.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics