Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Getting Around In Orlando Without a Car

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 8:01 pm
I will iyh be visiting Orlando with a friend in January for 5 days. I've been to Orlando before, but I went with my husband and we rented a car. Now I'm going with a girlfriend and we both don't drive.
We could take a cab from the airport, but otherwise I wouldn't mind walking or using public transportation to and from attractions. We will be staying in the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, which is on Vistana Centre Drive.
For those of you familiar in Orlando, is it possible to walk to any attractions? I checked on Google maps how far I am from Downtown Disney and its only about 2 miles. We both don't mind walking, but is it at all possible? like is there a walkway on the entire route? Also is it safe for 2 Brooklynites who don't know the way around to be walking at night?
I'd appreciate any help and answers. tia

momX4

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 8:36 pm
Call the hotel. Most of them have free shuttles to most attractions.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 8:40 pm
The hotel probably has shuttles to the major theme parks. Otherwise there are plenty of taxis available.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 8:56 pm
I called the hotel. They only have a shuttle to epcot. So one day is taken care of. We're on a tight budget and I'm afraid taking taxis all the time will be very expensive. Also, I wud like to be free to come and go as I wish. Is it at all possible to walk to Downtown Disney if we just wanna chll one night?

bnm

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 9:01 pm
stay on a Disney property and you get free shuttles to all of Disney stuff and picked up from the airport

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 9:25 pm
bnm wrote:
stay on a Disney property and you get free shuttles to all of Disney stuff and picked up from the airport

We are on a tight budget and the Orlando hotels were far pricier than the one we booked. Besides, its all paid up in full at this point, so we gotta work with what we have.

faigie

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 9:58 pm
once u get to epcot, there are disney buses to all over disneyworld.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 9:08 am
Thanks everyone for replies. I'm bumping this up to see if anyone else could b of help.
Also, would it be boring to redo parks I did w dh? Did Epcot and Hollywood 2 years ago and universal last year. I'm not interested in rides so the other parks don't interest me.
I would love to do a water park but my friend is afraid of deep water.
How about sea world? Is it just an enlarged version of the aquarium in Coney Island that I take my kids to every summer? Or is there more to it?
Thanks to anyone taking their time to answer. My friend is going thru a really rough patch in her life and I want this to be a really enjoyable experience for us both.
It's my first time going w a gf instead of dh.

faigie

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 2:35 pm
disney NEVER gets old!! I wish I had a friend who would like to do disney!

UQT

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 4:33 pm
If you enjoy watching shows SeaWorld is very nice.

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 4:36 pm
faigie wrote:
disney NEVER gets old!! I wish I had a friend who would like to do disney!

I would looove to do disney!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics