Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
MAGNATILES
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:21 pm
The best place to get magnatiles (original brand) is lakeshore learning. They have stackable coupons, so if you have buy one full price item get one 50% off + $30 off your purchase of $100 or more + 15% off one full price item you can get 2 boxes of 100 pieces each (200 pieces total) for $132 (+tax where applicable) this is by far the best price, even compared to knock off brands like metromags and playmags.

You may have to wait a few weeks for the coupons to overlap, but I've purchased at this price 3 times over the past year, so it's not so rare.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:
The best place to get magnatiles (original brand) is lakeshore learning. They have stackable coupons, so if you have buy one full price item get one 50% off + $30 off your purchase of $100 or more + 15% off one full price item you can get 2 boxes of 100 pieces each (200 pieces total) for $132 (+tax where applicable) this is by far the best price, even compared to knock off brands like metromags and playmags.

You may have to wait a few weeks for the coupons to overlap, but I've purchased at this price 3 times over the past year, so it's not so rare.

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Where do the coupons come from, do you need to sign up for something? Wonder if it still works for smaller sets, if 200 pieces is overkill... how many pieces do you suppose you really need to have fun? Suppose about 3 kids playing overlapping?

allrgymama

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:28 pm
We have an assortment of Magna-Tiles, PlayMags and Stick-n-Stack.

The Stick-n-Stack has shapes that the other sets don't come with (you can check on Amazon).

As an FYI: A few of the pieces of PlayMags that we got last year actually cracked and broke (and my kids are really very gentle with their toys). The store was very good about replacing them and we haven't had any issues since. But please I would definitely ask if they had improved their manufacturing before committing to more pieces from their line.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:34 pm
Kills had a similar deal in August and I waited two days before buying the magformers and it did not all sell out right away. I wish I realized what a good deal it was and bought more but I just bought the magna tilts 100 pieces for $80

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:37 pm
seeker wrote:
Wow. Thanks for sharing. Where do the coupons come from, do you need to sign up for something? Wonder if it still works for smaller sets, if 200 pieces is overkill... how many pieces do you suppose you really need to have fun? Suppose about 3 kids playing overlapping?

You need to sign up for their teachers program. They usually have one of these promotions at a time for the general public, the teacher rewards makes then stackable.

We have 400 for 4 kids and is totally not overkill.

sky

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:38 pm
seeker wrote:

I have 230 pieces that my kids play with (200 magna tiles + 30 play mags with the train cars). They have a lot of fun with all the big pieces building larger buildings or tall towers. It is my most used toy - I got it about 5 years ago and they are still going strong - I do have some magna tile pieces that have broken, and many of mine are chipped by now and look pertty bad so I'm not so convinced that one brand is really that much greater then the other. I found them both similar in magnet strength.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:43 pm
I tried lakeshore learning and their coupons are not stackable. How do you sign up for teachers promotion?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
I tried lakeshore learning and their coupons are not stackable. How do you sign up for teachers promotion?

You need to go into a store with a teacher id. Sign up for the text promotions. You will get 3 plastic rewards cards (you can share them, I asked and they said it was ok).

Text promo stacks with any other coupon, teachers can stack 2 coupons= awesome prices

amother

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 12:47 am
Where is their store located? Also if you own a center for children can you get the coupon as an owner/administrator?

yaeli83

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 10:04 am
Target now sells magnatiles and if y o u have the cartwheel app you can get them 10% off.

I got mine from creative kid stuff with a coupon code.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics