Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood could use some positive press!

cookiejar

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 9:58 pm
Raise your hand if you live in Lakewood! And then tell us what you love about living here...

I'll start, and what I like about it is that we have big huge yards and swimming pools Smile (See, it doesn't have to be anything fancy or spiritual!)

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:02 pm
I am here for the spiritual aspect! And I do appreciate living in a decent size home with land too...

be good

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:05 pm
the sviva. neighbors I can learn from. a very happy, fulfilled and productive husband.

cookiejar

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:06 pm
I like the spiritual aspect... some of it is debateable at times, with regard to how judgmental or single-minded we may tend to be here. but wanted to highlight a lighter aspect of life here... and yards and pools are NON-debateable!

imasinger

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:10 pm
I'm from OOT and proud of it, but my DD is in Lakewood. She is a therapist (BCBA), and I am very impressed by the services that are available in Lakewood for kids with all kinds of special needs. The chesed in the greater Lakewood community is phenomenal.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:12 pm
I love that I live so close to so many of my family and friends. Most of my family is in Lakewood or within a couple of hours. I also love the huge properties. And I have the nicest neighbors - I love my block.

The Lake is also a great perk. Where I came from, the only body of water around was a large mud puddle we called the lake.

There are also so many beautiful parks around, in Lakewood and around Lakewood.

And I love being so close to the ocean.

(As you can see, I love nature)

June

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 7:10 am
I don't live in Lakewood anymore, but every time I go back, I'm struck by how pretty and green it is. I grew up right near the lake.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:25 am
I love the prettiness and greenery.

I love my kids' schools (after the battle to get them in) I LOVE that my kids are taught by people who make chinuch a life's calling, not just a job.
I love the sheer amount of services available for special children, and the fact that you can practically take that for granted.

I love the amount of stores, gyms, and services available set up for our community's needs. It makes life so much more manageable when the stores sell what you're looking for!

Reesa

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:42 am
Everything is convenient. Life is geared towards family life.

sourstix

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 10:44 am
keep them coming love to hear ya

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 10:51 am
I love my neighborhood. My little corner has a mix of young an old, various affiliations, and we all get along well.

I LOVE THE LAKE. If I ever move, I plan to take it with me. Who needs gyms, when you can walk along the lake? Best exercise ever - just walk around the lake. If you wheel a child in a stroller, you get even more exercise out of it.

Best prices and shopping.

Best schools. I love my the schools my girls attend, and they really have had caring, dedicated teachers.

I like my shul, and the access we have to Rabbanim and Talmidei Chachamim that are there for the community. I've been touched by their dedication many times.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 5:20 pm
Thank you for initiating this post. I live in Lakewood for the last 12 years since I was married. While it had undoubtedly changed and grown over the years, it still maintains that one town cohesive feeling to it. I love the services that are available to the community at large and the fact that Yiddishkeit is shining through every corner. The schools, yeshivos, shuls etc is a beautiful sight to see. The Chesed in town is off the charts. Yes, there are challenges as in any large city, but overall there is something very special and unique about Lakewood and I am proud to call it home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating