Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What is aprox cost of (invisible) braces for an adult?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:23 pm
I have an adult family member who has crooked teeth. What would be the approximate cost for him to straighten them? He would want braces that go on the insides of the teeth so they wouldn't show up when he smiles LOL

He lives in NY

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:27 pm
My daughter (21yt) has these braces. The cost for her is $8,000. She is a patient of Dr. Schulhoff in Oradell NJ. Not so many orthodontists are trained to do this. We are happy so far.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:41 pm
I wore braces as a tween/teenager (10-14) for a pretty bad overbite as well as crowding and straightening.

A decade later (blame it on pregnancy), my teeth started to shift and get crowded and overlap on the bottom.

I used Dr. Graber in Brooklyn for ClearCorrect (same concept as Invisalign, but fewer frills so somewhat cheaper), and it was less than $4000. I wore 12 trays over the course of a year or so to slowly shift my teeth back into place. I assume because the changes in my case were more minor that it was cheaper and faster for me than they would be for someone who never wore braces at all.

harriet

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:42 pm
DH did invisalign in Manhattan, I think it was $6k

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 1:42 am
You would need to discuss with an orthodontist because many factors could affect cost, how complicated the case, how long need braces... etc. where I live, braces are $2k to $5k+. I recommend getting more than one opinion. My husband was looking into getting braces this year, invisaline, but turns out because of his case he's not a really a good candidate for it. We also had an issue with an orthodontist who tried to rip us off with billing. Make sure you get at least a 2nd or maybe even 3rd opinion.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:56 pm
invisalyn could be over 7k now.

it depends on the case; the express invisalyn is cheaper

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:37 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
invisalyn could be over 7k now.

it depends on the case; the express invisalyn is cheaper

whats the differece between invisalyn and express invisalyn?

nyer1

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:40 am
I think it depends on how much of an issue u have which translates to how long the problem will take to correct. Mine wasn't too bad. 5k. My insurance paid half. I put 1k down, and the rest I pay in monthly installments. It will take about a year and a half

Mevater

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 9:41 pm
Anyone did Invisalign or similar, lately, in NYC (ideally Brooklyn) and was happy?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics