Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need advice my 11 month old baby barely sleeps

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 11:57 am
I can't function during the day. Some nights he gets up every hour. I nurse him back to sleep, but then he won't go back in the crib. If I do get him back in the crib he's up before you know it. I don't know what to do anymore. Anyone had this and got through it. I tried letting him cry, he doesn't give up. He goes on for hours. I go in and hug him he calms but won't lay down... Someone suggested hiring someone to train him. I feel like it's cruel leaving him to some stranger at night to cry. Anyone have suggestions, methods? Or has done it and got kid on a schedule??I need help!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 12:06 pm
My almost 17 month old does the same. Recently he spends half they night with DH and half with me cuz he refuses the crib. All my other kids started sleeping thru the night when I stopped nursing so I hope he does too. I'll probably put him in his own big bed with a long gate soon. For now I'm just being tired.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 2:28 am
Bump

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 2:37 am
Hiring a sleep trainer doesnt mean leaving him to strangers. It means s/o who guides u in sleep training him.

justforfun87

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 3:19 am
You need sleep, forget the crib. COSLEEP!!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 9:27 am
Has anyone ever hired a sleep trainer? How does it work? Any recommendations?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 2:16 am
Please someone - anyone????

chani8

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 3:17 am
Well, my first thought is to check diet. Is the child getting enough to eat? Too much? Is he gassy or refluxing?

Other basics are, is he waking for a reason? Hunger, light, noise, cold, hot, wet diaper, uncomfortable bed/sheets? Does he have a routine, and is he comfortable?

That said, if the child is usually a hyperactive child during the day, then that shows that the child has a 'hot brain' and simply isn't able to calm down enough to enter deep sleep. For that, you need some real help. Chamomile tea or sleepy time tea or Dr Reckewig sleep drops.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 4:18 am
We just started with a sleep trainer (batya the baby coach).
To soon to say if its working. Ask me again in 2 weeks.

YHM

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 9:41 pm
Can you give me some feedback on Batya the sleep trainer? How was your experience? Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics