Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
CIO w/ paci

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 1:42 am
Sorry for flooding everyone w/ questions, but I want to do CIO, but don't want to do it "wrong" (in a way that's more painful to the baby). I think I understand the CIO logic, but where does the paci come into the picture?

This is my baby on a "good" day. I do bedtime routine, then leave the room. Baby usually plays in bed for a few mins., then cries, I go in (right away), stick paci in and she goes to sleep.

This is my baby on a "bad" day. I leave the room. Baby plays, then baby cries, I give paci and then a few mins. later more cries, I give paci again, then more cries, then paci, until finally she falls asleep... (this is what I call paci ping-pong).

On a good day, I think I have little use for CIO. She goes to sleep nicely on her own w/ the "help" of the paci. The bad day is when I start going crazy. But, how can I let her cry if the only thing that could be preventing sleep is the paci? Will she cry every day until she gets her paci (after the inital 5 mins.?)

I am just highly exhausted (she stopped doing stretches at night and gets up every 3-4 hrs. even though she's 5 mos. and is LARGE).

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:24 am
She will learn to go to sleep without the paci.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics