Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Moldy tzizis!!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 1:06 am
Ok, I went to wash tzizis and they were spotted with mold. WTD?? Are they ruined? Eek!

ROFL

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 2:01 am
Try bleaching them out. Either will remove the mold or be ruined. Don't think it will be worse off than now

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 10:36 am
add vinegar & baking soda along with your normal detergent & some elbow grease

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 10:40 am
If you do bleach the beged, DON'T let the bleach touch the strings -- they will disintegrate (BTDT)!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 12:14 pm
It's the beged that is moldy. I always hand wash them and it's my first mold! Rolling Eyes
So how can you handwash with bleach? Dish gloves and when do you pour thee bleach vs water? I tend not to bleach things (smell drives me bonkers!)

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 12:40 pm
amother wrote:
It's the beged that is moldy. I always hand wash them and it's my first mold! Rolling Eyes
So how can you handwash with bleach? Dish gloves and when do you pour thee bleach vs water? I tend not to bleach things (smell drives me bonkers!)

Nothing will happen to your hands if they touch bleach. I mean, feel free to wear gloves, but it's not going to harm you.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 1:18 pm
the gloves will probably melt from the bleach

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 7:40 pm
First of all, wash by hand. Wet the fabric and use soap on a stiff brush to scrub the mildewed spots. Rinse, then apply full-strength white vinegar and let set for a while. Rinse throughly, and if you have a way to dry the fabric in the sun, do so. Sunlight is a mild bleach and sanitizer. If spots remain, or if you have no way to dry in sunlight, let air-dry and then , if you like to live dangerously, very gingerly dab a tiny bit of bleach on a cotton swab on each spot and rinse immediately. If you have more patience or are less reckless, swab with either 3% hydrogen peroxide--the kind you buy in a bottle to swab cuts and scrapes--or bleach diluted with at least 9-10 parts water. Let set a couple of minutes, less if the stain disappears, and rinse thoroughly.

CAUTION: BE SURE TO RINSE OUT ALL TRACES OF VINEGAR BEFORE APPLYING PEROXIDE OR BLEACH. DO wear protective gloves. Bleach is corrosive to skin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry