Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Would you hire/pay someone to organize your home?
Previous  1  2  3

octopus

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:37 pm
I'd rather hire someone to watch my kids so that I could organize it to my liking.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:24 pm
amother wrote:
I hired a woman last year, and now I need it again.

Last year we paid $25 an hour. I found someone who will do it for $20 an hour, minimum five hours. I just have to find the time to call her.

Brooklyn, New York.
Can you PM their contact information?
At that price I might be able to afford the organizing help when I am short on time.

penguin

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 8:23 pm
Binah seems to be starting a series following Rechy Zolty through organizing someone's house. Several ads for organizers in different locations.
(I kept typing adds - what does that mean?)

She also mentions a gemach to help people who need the service & can't afford, so they'll be subsidized.

Chanel

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 8:55 pm
I would also love To get that number from the one that charges $20 in Brooklyn, also the $25 one- thanks

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 9:10 pm
I would hire someone. I get exhausted and distracted after 15-20 minutes. If there is someone here with me I would stay on track.

Emotional

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:08 am
If I had the funds, I would LOVE that. And I would have the organizer come every now and then afterwards for maintenance.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:14 am
I wouldn't hire someone, I would BUY someone. Anyone know where I can find someone on sale?

morah

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:18 am
Another point is that some people need a little kick in the rear to get rid of stuff. Both me and dh are in theory open to getting rid of stuff, but in practice, we end up finding reasons to keep this and that and throwing out like 3 things. An organizer is more objective and will tell you, if you're coming up with reasons to keep it, you don't need it. If you have to look hard for a good place for it, goodbye. And so on.

mazal711

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 11:44 pm
great service!it is being done by many women in the flatbush area

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 11:56 pm
I would not hire someone to do it for me, but I would love to hire someone to help me learn how to do it and teach me the necessary skills for upkeep.

sped

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 2:05 am
I would LOVE it, especially now, around Pesach time.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 6:03 pm
I would totally hire someone.

However, I have hired organizers twice and I was disappointed. All they did was go through my stuff and tell me what to throw out, but at the end I had no idea how to organize the remaining stuff so a year later the closets are as messy as ever. I want someone to help me figure out how to make the best possible use of space.

While I can read all the online articles, some people just have a better eye for these types of things than others. Also, running out and buying all kinds of new containers or shelving units without organizing the space first is a waste of time and money.

We have many children in a small space and I need help just to survive. My husband and I also don't quite agree about what should stay or go... for one thing our house is way overloaded with seforim, we also have "inherited" stuff from his departed brother that nobody else (including his children) wanted so we had to take it--according to his logic at least. I guess he's planning to return his brother's stuff to him at techias hameisim.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics