Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Cleaning lady wants to go private, agency not happy, wwyd? ?

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:37 am
I have a cleaning lady for the last few years, 4hrs a week. Does her job excellent, knows my apartment and preferences, etc. She had a fallout with the agency and wants to work private. She tells me that most of her steady addresses want to continue with her, and if I don't want she has enough demand.... the agency, (I'm very good with the secretary there...) says that if I continue with her, we'll cause the price of cleaning ladies to increase, cause my lady will go around telling her friends she gets the whole $10 hr instead of paying the agency.... also the agency told me that if I do go private, they will have no obligation to supply me with additional cleaning help before pesach or as needed... understandable, but now I don't know what to do. Should I risk having to be without proper cleaning help till the agency finds replacement, or do I stay with my current lady??

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:42 am
Can you find another agency who will provide you with extra cleaning help when you need?

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:44 am
There are not enough cleaning ladies in my area... every Erev yom tov I have to beg all agencies for a chance...

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:31 am
I believe it is a shaila. Do you have a Rov you can ask? I don't think that you are required to go without or with sub par help, but it is probably a shaila..... Let us know what happens.

tichellady

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:46 am
I would continue to use her without the agency. You like her and know her already and why shouldn't she get paid $10 an hour? She's not an indentured servant, the agency doesn't own her.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:00 am
I would not risk being blackballed by the agency. She could get a better job tomorrow, leaving you with no cleaning lady AND no agency to call.

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:46 am
Burich hashem for daas Torah!! After few hrs of back n forth discussions, and cleaning lady telling me she needs an answer now, I called my rav who said its big problem al pi halacha, so I will stay with the agency and hashem will help me I should get a decent lady soon....

4eyes

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:56 am
I had a similar scenario.
When we stopped going through the agency she became much less dependable (came late, cancelled last minute etc) as there was no one to answer to if she flaked out.
I wouldn't do it again.

nyer1

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 1:36 pm
so happy you got das torah. I was going to say, if she wasn't loyal to the agency, there would be a big chance she wouldn't necessarily be loyal to the agency either.
hope u find someone gr8 soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics