Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
College choices

teacherfeigy

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 4:25 pm
I'm just about finishing my bachelor's degree. I combined credits from a few colleges. Now I want to go for my masters. I know I have choices, and would love to.do an online path. Going to classes is second best for me. What do I need to know about colleges to be able to make a selection that will work for me. Im looking at adult colleges, not specifically for teenagers.

cbsmommy

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 5:18 pm
Without knowing what subject you are interested in nobody can suggest an online program.

What's your area of expertise/interest?

teacherfeigy

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 6:00 pm
I'm going for early childhood education/ child psychology. I'll do the type of combination that's online, and/or boro park classes. Of course, cheaper is better.

mille

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 6:13 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "teenager" college vs "adult" college. Only adults can attend college except in rare exceptions, and teenage years end after 19, when many college students are going into junior year, so masters programs are pretty much ONLY 20+, aka not teenagers. As for the actual age range, it's going to be a mix of 22-23 who just earned a BA and older adults who are returning for a graduate degree after working for years.

Online-only masters degrees are frowned upon in many fields, especially fields where you interact with other humans (like psychology!). If you truly need an online program, your best bet is to find a local program at an accredited university that also offers online courses. This way, your degree won't really be different than someone who took all in-person courses.

If you are in Brooklyn, CUNY is probably your best bet, money-wise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics