Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Oops! I melted my skirt!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:31 pm
I was ironing a fancy, slightly shiny skirt I wore to a wedding, and I guess the iron was too high. It stuck to the skirt and when I got it off, there was a shinier imprint of the iron. I tried it on and it's very noticeable, right on the tush... not exactly a look I'm going for! Does anyone have an idea to save the skirt? The mark is on a single horizontal piece of fabric about 6 inches high all around the skirt, so I was thinking if I am desperate to keep the skirt but can't fix it, I could just get that panel replaced by a seamstress. But I'd rather figure out a different way, if possible. Since it seems like it was melted, I'm guessing there is no way to undo it- correct me if I'm wrong! But what about melting the rest of that panel? Can I just over-heat iron the rest of it, so it will look like a slightly shinier panel or a design of some sort? Anyone actually do this? Thanks!

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:36 pm
you can't fix melted ... can you cover the material with new material & make a design

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:39 pm
Lucky it wasn't a dress - that would have been a real "melt-gown"!

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 3:10 pm
actually - if you burn the top of a dress you can put a shawl or vest over it ... a skirt notsomuch

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:24 pm
greenfire wrote:
you can't fix melted ... can you cover the material with new material & make a design

Was afraid of that... so no chance of controlled melting? To make the rest of that part of the skirt match?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics