Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chassan and Kalla in yichud room forever.
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:40 am
We were probably in yichud about 30 minutes -

1. We had our only romantic wedding dance together to our favorite song (separate dancing at the actual wedding).
2. Both of us were hungry, faint, and I had one of the worst headaches of my life after fasting all day - we had to wait for someone to come and bring us 2 plates of food from the appetizer buffet the guests were enjoying - there was no food in the room when we got there.
3. We had to clean ourselves up from glitter that people threw at the chuppah - I had to touch up my makeup.
4. We took our "couple" photos.

Anyway, we really tried to eliminate the amount of time people would have to wait for us by taking group pictures before the chuppah, but even so, it took at least half an hour (the only hanky panky was the short dance and a few kisses - no time for anything more).

nyer1

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:44 am
consider the following:

many people have more than one photographer
maybe she wasn't feeling well
maybe he wasn't feeling well
maybe there was a problem with her dress
maybe there was a family emergency

point is, you don't know.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
haha I know someone where the groom stepped on kallah's dress walking away from the chuppa and the entire skirt came off the back. They were Sephardic, and Sephardim don't do a yichud room. So they decided right there to do a yichud room and spent a very long time safety pinning the dress. Of course the guests were bewildered and there was no 'program' worked out in advance.

All Sepharadim that I know do have a yichud room.

mazal555

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 7:39 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
All Sepharadim that I know do have a yichud room.

We didn't. I never saw it at a Sephardic wedding. Maybe it depends on the community.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 8:12 pm
I think I was once at a wedding where the kallah put on a sheitel after the chuppah - only it wasn't working and they had to get someone to go help her.

But many rabbonim say that people who know they don't fast well should not fast on the wedding day (if they couldn't work it out to be Rosh Chodesh). Very important to ask.

Watermellon

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:40 pm
And there was the time that the kallah went to the mikvah after the chuppa, then came back and had to get dressed and made up all over again. They couldn't wait til after the wedding cuz of the mitzva tantz.

Miri7

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:01 am
I am a horrible faster. I get terrible migraines and a fast just puts me in bed for a day or two. After reading all of the above I am so glad my rav told me not to fast!

I did end up being in the yichud room for longer than expected due to a dress malfunction.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:43 am
Several photographers??

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
Last night I was at a wedding.
They were in there for nicely over two hours. by the time they came out my kids were cranky and moody. I was so annoyed. I had a hard time bringing myself to dance with her. but I did.
I got married young and I know what raging hormones are. but at least I respected the fact that people made an effort to share my joy with me.
I found this so immature and inconsiderate.
where is such behavior coming from?

I find it incredibly immature and inconsiderate to attribute this to raging hormones. Where is your behavior coming from?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:08 am
I had borrowed white shoes from a gemach (ewww) and after the chuppah the heel from one of the shoes broke off. I had to wait until someone came back with another pair!
(When the new pair arrived my husband offered to strap it (buckle) but I said my sister will do it cuz it's not fitting for a chosson to strap shoes. Lol)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics