Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Where do you look for reliable babysitters?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 1:56 pm
I've been a stay at home mom for almost 4 years and I never needed a babysitter! Most of my family is in Israel so I've been doing this all alone. However, I'm expecting a third baby and I think that two is the limit that I could handle by myself. I need to find a babysitter before I go into labor in May B"H. The thing is, my two toddlers have a stranger anxiety, so they'd have to get to know her before I go into labor. I'm having a home birth so my husband would be with me and the babysitter would have to be with my kids to give them food, play with them and put them to sleep. I'd probably also need some house help after the baby is born. So I'm looking for a part-time babysitter that would be very flexible with hours. Where could I find a reliable babysitter with experience? are there any websites?
Also, if any of you would recommend a really good babysitter, that would help. I'd need someone who'd speak in spanish or hebrew (both languages used at home) and who'd take between 10-$15 an hour. I live in NY Kew Garden Hills. thanks.

wife2

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 3:37 pm
is there a community online group or a published magazine/advertising booklet that goes out in your area? word of mouth also works - ask babysitters you know, tell people you are looking for someone. then of course you call references once you get some names

if your kids have stranger anxiety, do you plan on the babysitter coming to your house while you are home as opposed to sending them out?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics