Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO good pediatricians in lakewood

sourstix

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:08 pm
whats your experience? I need someone thats from the older age bec I have a child with issues and I need someone that has seen that issue and what it looks like these days with modern medicine. I cant take someone thats fairly new. although a new doctor has good ideas too. I just need the old timers. obviously if the old timer is up to date with newer stuff is the best. hope it doesnt sound complicated as I am tired. please no loshon hora. thanks

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:16 pm
I use Dr. Indich and Dr. Deutch 732-730-9111. Like them both! Think Dr. Indich is older than Dr. Deutch, guess u can ask receptionist who has more experience

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:18 pm
Is this a medical issue or mental issue? If medical I would say Dr. Shanik, he has alot of experience. However he is not into all the therapies.

Emotional

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:20 pm
sourstix wrote:
whats your experience? I need someone thats from the older age bec I have a child with issues and I need someone that has seen that issue and what it looks like these days with modern medicine. I cant take someone thats fairly new. although a new doctor has good ideas too. I just need the old timers. obviously if the old timer is up to date with newer stuff is the best. hope it doesnt sound complicated as I am tired. please no loshon hora. thanks

Dr. William Fenster just opened his own practice but he is not a young new doctor. He was part of the Shanik group for years and I was very comfortable with the care he gave my kids. Very thorough and knowledgeable, gives you all the time you need. The only reason I haven't switched to his new practice is because it's just outside of Lakewood and I cant drive highways yet .

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:23 pm
bargainlover wrote:
I use Dr. Indich and Dr. Deutch 732-730-9111. Like them both! Think Dr. Indich is older than Dr. Deutch, guess u can ask receptionist who has more experience

Agreed here. I use them too, both very wise and experienced and open minded. And office is wonderful to deal with.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:38 pm
Dr. Shanik is the best pediatrician in the world! BUT you probably won't appreciate that sometimes the waiting room is crazy and sometimes you can't get an appointment with him but rather with a PA. However, in times of emergency he is there for his patients and guides them throughout. (he is definitely older and the wisest in town)

Dr. Fenster (as mentioned above) is an amazing dr. He is so knowledgeable and has perfect bedside manner. He just left Dr. shanik and opened his own office but it is a few minutes out of lakewood so you might not like that you have to travel a bit. (he is probably in his low 40's)

Now..here is what I recommend for you ---- Dr. harvey Hirsch who is exactly the kind of dr. you are describing. He works at Chemed. He moved to lakewood a few yrs ago after having his own practice for many years. He is in his 60's. He will give you the time of day and never rush you. He seems to really want to help his patients. It's a nice, new office and you will probably like it there. The 3 other pediatricians who work there are all good too.

I started off using dr. Indich, then switched to Dr. Shanik and now we are happily using Dr. Hirsch/chemed for the last 2(?) yrs.

monkey

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:08 pm
Dr. Gittelmans and Dr. Ukrainchik are great! Extremely happy

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:13 pm
DR Gittleman

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:34 pm
no I dont need a pediatrician for mental issues. its physical issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics