Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
If you homeschool, why do you do it?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:54 pm
Hi, I've been flirting with the idea of homeschooling for a while, but I would like to know:
What are the advantages of homeschooling for you and what made you decide to homeschool?

granolamom

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, I've been flirting with the idea of homeschooling for a while, but I would like to know:
What are the advantages of homeschooling for you and what made you decide to homeschool?

al regel achas, I chose to hs some of my children because they were not thriving in school in the way that I felt they could and should be thriving.
advantages, aside from huge financial savings, peaceful and tranquil evenings (no homework ,no stressed out kids coming home from a long day of holding it all together in school), calm mornings (no bus to catch, no lunch to pack, no forgotten homework to quickly do, no test anxiety), loads of quality time with my children, a chance to really get to know them and watch them grow. and oh yeah, the kids are thriving Smile

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:13 pm
granolamom wrote:
al regel achas, I chose to hs some of my children because they were not thriving in school in the way that I felt they could and should be thriving.
advantages, aside from huge financial savings, peaceful and tranquil evenings (no homework ,no stressed out kids coming home from a long day of holding it all together in school), calm mornings (no bus to catch, no lunch to pack, no forgotten homework to quickly do, no test anxiety), loads of quality time with my children, a chance to really get to know them and watch them grow. and oh yeah, the kids are thriving Smile
Wow, that sounds amazing! Yes, I was really looking into the peacefulness that comes with it most of the times. I feel like they waste so much time in schools and the environment can be stressful, plus bad morot, etc.

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:29 pm
I homeschool my 6. Y.o. dc bc there is no appropriate Jewish school for him where I live. He is gifted and has learning issues as well.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 11:12 pm
justcallmeima wrote:
I homeschool my 6. Y.o. dc bc there is no appropriate Jewish school for him where I live. He is gifted and has learning issues as well.

Makes sense to homeschool.How has it been so far?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling