Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The "I'm so absentminded, I..." thread
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:35 pm
I also lose things very easily... #1: I bought my baby a pacifier clip so that she wouldn't lose her paci, but of course I lost the clip.

THEN
#2: DH and I planned a date night at a restaurant. I frantically pack up DD to go to the CBS to meet DH. I made sure she had e/t especially her paci which she can't cope w/o when tired. Considering it would be late, it was essential. Anyway, I get on the bus and I look in DD's stroller for paci and don't see it. I have this weird feeling that the paci is missing. I spent the whole bus ride thinking about where to buy a paci, not knowing if the paci was there. Sure enough, it was lost. When we got to the restaurant, the first thing I did was go to the drug store nearby and buy DD a new paci! Her pacis are not cheap!!! Grrrrr I am so absentminded!

P.S. Story ended on a good note. On the way home, I decided to look at the bus stop and b"H paci was there on the floor! I sterilized it and now we have more extra pacis Smile

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 4:25 pm
I was missing my pocketbook (with my bank card in it) for over a week. A few days ago, ds found it in the toy box. The next day, I found dh's keys in the toy box.

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:37 pm
I was at a Simcha and someone I hadn't seen in years came over to say hello. I went blank on who she is. She told me her name and it clicked. Later as she left the Simcha, I saw someone waving bye to me and I Almost asked her who she was, then it clicked she was the same person as before!!! Glad I held my tongue!

rising hero

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:59 pm
I made pizza for supper today. I warmed it up in the toaster and cut it in half. I left one half in the toaster to keep warm while I ate the other. I was almost done eating the first half when my husband walked in and said: "That looks good." So I said: "Yeah, but I'm almost done and I'm still hungry. Confused" He walks over to the counter and he said: "What do u mean? There's still another slice." So I told him that one is his. So he said "No there's a half in the toaster!" I completely forgot about that.

Another incident happened today. I opened the garbage can to throw something away, stopping myself a second before dropping them in because I realized that the contents in my hand belonged in the laundry basket, lol. Clearly I need to get more sleep!

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:40 pm
One Friday I was leaving work late, and I could not find my keys anywhere. I finally noticed they were in the ignition and the car was still running. Of course that was the one time I had locked my car doors, I never do, but I had something that didn't belong to me in the car and I didn't want it to get stolen. I had to call chaveirim, I felt so bad, it was about a half hour before Shabbos. The guy could not believe I still had gas left, the car had been running since 9am.

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 1:02 am
This one is from my baby.

I am so absentminded that I rubbed my nose instead of my eyes!

vicki

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 3:05 am
Every morning I walk my kids about a mile to school. I was just about home again when I realized I was still holding my daughter's lunch.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 4:57 am
We were at my in laws and my husband could not find the keys to the car we were using. We looked everywhere. We looked in places that we knew the keys could not be. We asked everyone in the house if they took them by mistake. we finally had to take a different car. We were driving for about 20 minutes when my FIL calls us and tells us that he found our car keys inside his pants pocket. Nobody has a clue why they were there. LOL

Funnier yet: one pesach my entire family was visiting us. we were all in an apartment. it was crowded. my MIL called my husband on his cell phone. She never does that. She told him that she had been trying to call him the entire day but nobody picked up. We looked all over the house for the phone. We could not find it anywhere. We bought a new phone. The next day my mother comes back to my apartment from where she was sleelping. She is ROTFL. She tells me that she found OUR house phone in her apron pocket that was in the other house the day before. LOL

And lastly: We were cleaning out my parent's basement. There were filled up garbage bags everywhere. We heard the phone ring but could not locate where it was. So we started phoning the phone to find it. We finally found it in one of the garbage bags that were already outside the house waiting for the garbage men to come collect.

Not sure who the absentminded ones were in the stories, but absentminded for sure.

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 3:41 am
vicki wrote:
Every morning I walk my kids about a mile to school. I was just about home again when I realized I was still holding my daughter's lunch.

I could've written this!

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 7:31 am
I finally closed the trunk door on my head yesterday....two times. But bot times I was standing higher up than normal (on a sidewalk behind my car) so the trunk came down faster than I expected.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:36 am
I had an email conversation this week with a friend regarding something I needed from her, and on Friday I panicked that I had not responded to her last email, searched for the email and couldn't find it so sent an apologetic text, only for her to call and say, yes, I had responded!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:55 am
Does this only happen to me? I'm surprised no one posted this yet. I make a purchase and forget the bag in the store.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:59 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Does this only happen to me? I'm surprised no one posted this yet. I make a purchase and forget the bag in the store.

This is so common that it should've been first on the thread...

Rolling Laughter

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:26 am
Our first Chanukah when it was time to put the (silver) menorah away, the shamash (removable piece from the menorah) was nowhere to be found! We looked and looked and looked. We had no idea where it could've been. We lived in a tiny apartment. Anyway, DH decided to look in the garbage just-in-case and guess what he found!!!!

It must've been in the tablecloth and got rolled up!

happymummy

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:14 pm
I locked myself out the house and eventually a locksmith managed to get me in. I went in hung out the laundry and went out again to pick up my children.... Leaving my keys in the back of the door. Locked out twice in one day!

jayle

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:01 pm
I am for ever doing absent minded things,

Once we were on a very long car journey
We stopped off at the service station and I went in to the bathroom, I noticed that I was getting these really strange looks from every one, I was convinced it was because of my snood but I must say I did find it quite rude, I mean plenty of ppl wear strange head gear
What can be so hilarious about a snood that everyone that I passed was looking and smirking
Anyway I get back to the car and say to my kids "has anyone seen that blow up pillow that I was wearing around my neck before"
Yes you guessed it, I had been walking around the service station wearing a big blow up necklace embarrassed
P's looking on the bright side I don't think anyone noticed my snood.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:05 pm
jayle wrote:
I am for ever doing absent minded things,

Once we were on a very long car journey
We stopped off at the service station and I went in to the bathroom, I noticed that I was getting these really strange looks from every one, I was convinced it was because of my snood but I must say I did find it quite rude, I mean plenty of ppl wear strange head gear
What can be so hilarious about a snood that everyone that I passed was looking and smirking
Anyway I get back to the car and say to my kids "has anyone seen that blow up pillow that I was wearing around my neck before"
Yes you guessed it, I had been walking around the service station wearing a big blow up necklace embarrassed
P's looking on the bright side I don't think anyone noticed my snood.

Rolling Laughter

The bright side, indeed. Also, you didnt mention the other bright side, the blowup thingie wasn't lost, after all!

So many bright sides, there's no darkness left.

Thanks for the laugh!

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 4:46 pm
I finished davening this morning and told ds to daven before I go to work. He asked if he'll have time since its a longer davening. I said yes thinking that hallel isn't that long. When ds got to shemona esrei, he said the words yaaleh veyavo aloud. I wondered why he's saying yaaleh veyavo on Chanuka. He finished shemona esrei and asked if I remembered yaaleh veyavo and al hanissim. I said that I remembered al hanissim but we don't say yaaleh veyavo on Chanuka. He told me its rosh chodesh so I repeated shemona esrei and said mussaf. When I finished, ds asked if I remembered yaaleh veyavo and al hanissim. embarrassed I forgot al hanissim my second davening. By the time ds finished mussaf, I was late for work. I quickly dropped him off at my mother's house and went to work, only to find out that the child I work with is on vacation for the whole week.

luppamom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 4:59 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
I finished davening this morning and told ds to daven before I go to work. He asked if he'll have time since its a longer davening. I said yes thinking that hallel isn't that long. When ds got to shemona esrei, he said the words yaaleh veyavo aloud. I wondered why he's saying yaaleh veyavo on Chanuka. He finished shemona esrei and asked if I remembered yaaleh veyavo and al hanissim. I said that I remembered al hanissim but we don't say yaaleh veyavo on Chanuka. He told me its rosh chodesh so I repeated shemona esrei and said mussaf. When I finished, ds asked if I remembered yaaleh veyavo and al hanissim. embarrassed I forgot al hanissim my second davening. By the time ds finished mussaf, I was late for work. I quickly dropped him off at my mother's house and went to work, only to find out that the child I work with is on vacation for the whole week.

I also forgot today. DH only said s/t at supper when I asked why he got up so early. Had to daven Maariv twice and guess what I forgot in Maariv...?

I'll give you a hint. Happy Chanukah!

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 12:10 pm
Made pancake batter, was starving, put it on stove.... And like a genius walked away from the stove to go do a "quick" thing. And then I smelled something burning.
My pancakes!!!
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics