Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning lady said she has the FLU

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 12:39 pm
Cleaning lady told me when she came that she was sick the past few days after getting the flu vaccine a week earlier. Today she felt somewhat better so she came to clean. I let her stay to clean but I'm really nervous about catching the flu from her! Should I have told her to leave? What would you have done?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 12:41 pm
Well, you cannot get the flu from the flu vaccine, so why do you assume she has the flu? Did her doctor confirm that with laboratory tests? She may have had another viral/bacterial infection or caught the flu before she received the vaccine (it takes 2 weeks to develop proper antibodies), or may have just been having an expected immune response to the vaccine which is not an illness but rather the body building antibiotics. If my cleaning lady (I don't have one BTW) was ill, I would give her the day off and pay her for that day because I don't need someone bringing germs into to my home. If she was not sick and just felt a little achy after a vaccine, I'd give her advil and ask what she felt like doing...

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 12:56 pm
Some people can get a weakened case of the flu from the vaccine. One of the side effects of the vaccine, although rare, the person is not contagious.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 12:58 pm
I just asked her now again, she said that she didn't go back to doctor since getting the vaccine but was told over the phone that the way she is feeling is a response to the vaccine and to take Tylenol for her aches and pains. I offered her now Tylenol or Advil but she said doesn't need now. I hope that's all it is.

coconutoil

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 1:40 am
Dońt worry! You do not catch every single virus going on around you! You have an immune system! And even if you get the flu its not the end of the world.... Hashem created us with strong bodies and an intelligent system....
Apart from that ,I'm european and I' ve always noticed that americans are overstressing about germs and viruses.
Be healthy and have a great shabbat!
שבת שלום! Very Happy

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 9:12 am
amother wrote:
Some people can get a weakened case of the flu from the vaccine. One of the side effects of the vaccine, although rare, the person is not contagious.

Who told you that garbage? You cannot get the flu (or a weakened version of it) from the flu vaccine. You're just as likely to get the flu from an alien from the planet Mars.

The slight fever/chills that some individuals get after receiving the vaccine is a sign that their bodies are developing immunity to the vaccine. It's a good sign..

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 9:17 am
amother wrote:

not true. AT ALL.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics