Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Nose ring and sheitel?

sheepo

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:45 pm
I've had my nose pierced since I was 16 (and less religious). I also cover my hair with a sheitel, which I realise is a strange combo. I'm just curious if there are any others who also do this? If so, where do you live? I'm in Toronto, Canada.

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:33 pm
I know at least 2 sheitel wearing women with a nosering or a small stud. Be yourself!

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:35 pm
I don't know about nose rings, but there are members here with tattoos. I suspect most of them are hidden, though.

sheepo

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:36 pm
justcallmeima wrote:
I know at least 2 sheitel wearing women with a nosering or a small stud. Be yourself!

Thanks, justcallmeima! Just curious as to where these women live?

sheepo

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:37 pm
zaq wrote:
I don't know about nose rings, but there are members here with tattoos. I suspect most of them are hidden, though.

I think a tattoo is different, because once you have one, it's not that easy to remove. A nose piercing would be simple to get rid of (but I've chosen not to).

cookiejar

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:43 pm
It's most certainly not the norm, but are you aiming for the norm? If you are, get rid of it. If not and you like it, keep it and be yourself!

sheepo

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 10:45 pm
cookiejar wrote:
It's most certainly not the norm, but are you aiming for the norm? If you are, get rid of it. If not and you like it, keep it and be yourself!

Nope, not aiming for the norm Wink
Just curious to see if there are others who do this as well!

carpediem

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 11:41 pm
I do! It's a small stud. I live in NY
Edited to say that I do sometimes get funny looks but I like my nose ring, as does my DH, so if people want to stare, let them Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 11:45 pm
I know several frum women with small nose studs or rings.

If it was good enough for Rivka Imenu, then it should be good enough now!

DrMom

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 1:22 am
I know 2 women who have small nose studs and who usually wear sheitels, but who sometimes wear hats/tichels.

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 1:30 am
ive seen it.
you see everything in israel :-)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 8:50 am
Tichel dfinitely. It's a more ethnic look, like Indian Jewesses, and they don't wear sheitels. It's also a very Israeli thing, to be frum with a nose ring.

Rivka Imenu didn't wear a sheitel, or a nosering, according to my (then MO) rav.

Many Jewish Mizrachi girls with long, pendulous nose jewelry - unpierced.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/.....4479/
http://www.journeybeyondtravel.....7.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e9.....0.jpg
http://judaicacollection.commo.....2.jpg

chani8

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 9:00 am
I've seen women with tichels and nose piercings. It's a funky kind of look. Fine with me.

I've got 3 ear piercings in one ear and two in the other.

nyer1

Post Fri, Dec 19 2014, 12:14 pm
if you love it then I say be yourself!

rockingbells

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 12:10 am
I have a small nose stud and I wear sheitels, tichels, and hats. I don't notice funny looks but I do notice a lot of (sometimes quite conservative!) women confiding in me that they've always secretly wanted their noses pierced Smile I live in NY.

champion

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:50 am
I've got several ear pearcings and wear a shaitel
---in a chareidi neiborhood in j-m

naomi6

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:16 am
Never saw a frum person with a nose ring - it's soooo non jewish looking. Tatoo is asur min Hatorah

carpediem

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:25 am
naomi6 wrote:
Never saw a frum person with a nose ring - it's soooo non jewish looking. Tatoo is asur min Hatorah

What makes you say that it's non Jewish looking?

ronbonboo

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:01 am
I have 9 tattoos, most of which I don't hide, all of which I had the opportunity to get removed, and I wear a sheitel. I also had my tregus pierced, it's a weird spot on the ear. Neither are weird. I'm a balas teshuva and I have a past. That being said I had my nose pierced twice and there was infection drama both times.

FYI sinas chinam is also issur min hatorah the reason the bais hamikdash was destroyed, not for women getting tattoos and making judgments trying to make people feel bad is sinas chinam.

justcallmeima

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 12:12 pm
There is soooooo much pressure to conform in this community. I have found that if you are a BT, no matter how perfectly you attempt to look and behave exactly like everybody else, you will never ever be completely accepted. As in, they will let you marry their "problem children", but not their "normal" children. If II'm going to be an outsider, I may as well be myself, which for me means no permanent tatoos and lots of piercings on my left ear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels