Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many pple did you recognize from posts on Imamother?
1  2  3  Next

How many pple did you recognize from posts on Imamother?
Zero  
 40%  [ 69 ]
1 - 2  
 39%  [ 67 ]
2 - 3  
 12%  [ 22 ]
4 - 5  
 4%  [ 8 ]
6 +  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Other - Explain below  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 170

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:53 pm
How many people in real life have you recognized from posts on Imamother (excluding major criminals)?

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:56 pm
recognize when they post 'amother'
recognize in real life
recognize when/if they change their screename
recognize in a line-up

Hooray Im with stupid

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:58 pm
greenfire wrote:
recognize when they post 'amother'
recognize in real life
recognize when/if they change their screename
recognize in a line-up

Hooray Im with stupid

Recognize in real life.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:10 pm
One recognized me
One poster gives her real name

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:22 pm
we should just make t-shirts

hi my name is
Drunken Smile greenfire Cheers
& I'm a mother
on imamother !!!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:29 pm
I don't try to recognize anonymous posts, tey are anonymous for a reason. I would hope that if people recognize any of my anonymous posts, they would keep it to themselves.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:30 pm
One person posted a few details that told me her dh was someone who worked in the same place as my dh. My dh never met her and I never met either of them. Her dh no longer works there and she no longer posts, so that's that.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:31 pm
greenfire wrote:

hi my name is
& I'm a mother
on imamother !!!

Ha. Is it tznius to have your name showing???

Scratching Head

Thanks for the laugh.
Rolling Laughter

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:32 pm
greenfire wrote:

hi my name is
& I'm a mother
on imamother !!!

that sounds more like an intro at a twelve-step self-help group.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:02 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Ha. Is it tznius to have your name showing???

Scratching Head

Thanks for the laugh.
Rolling Laughter

so long as your boobs are covered you are good to go ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:04 pm
zaq wrote:
that sounds more like an intro at a twelve-step self-help group.

well I'll make sure to bring my glenlivet ~ לחיים Cheers

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
How many people in real life have you recognized from posts on Imamother (excluding major criminals)?
I have not recognized any major criminals. Or were you referring to FS or Tammytammy?

I voted 6+. I know quite a few people IRL who are on here. I'm surprised most people voted 0-2. I thought more people knew more people.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:14 pm
One day, I recognized my mother! After that, I made sure to post a lot of "innocent" things as amother so she won't recognize me.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:20 pm
I should note that most of the people I recognized were only because they first wrote that they know me or my family. One was because she wrote about something that happened to her that I knew about IRL. One person wrote who a family member of hers was, and I knew them.

mommyla

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:29 pm
I recognized four. I don't go out of my way to figure people out but sometimes a post (or two or ten) just hits me as "hey, I know that person!"

If anyone's recognized me, I'd appreciate knowing about it. PM me!

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:43 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I should note that most of the people I recognized were only because they first wrote that they know me or my family. One was because she wrote about something that happened to her that I knew about IRL. One person wrote who a family member of hers was, and I knew them.

oh you should have come with her to the wedding of a lifetime ... Mr. Green Cool

boysrus

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:19 pm
[quote="mommyla"]I recognized four. I don't go out of my way to figure people out but sometimes a post (or two or ten) just hits me as "hey, I know that person!"

If anyone's recognized me, I'd appreciate knowing about it. PM me![/quote]

so the question is if I know who somebdoy is, how can I am PM them without them asking me who I am and how I know them? Fact is , I have recognised an old friend on imamother from many identifying details that she has posted. But, I really value my anonymity, so how can I PM her to say 'hey I know you'? Any thoughts?

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:22 pm
greenfire wrote:
oh you should have come with her to the wedding of a lifetime ... Mr. Green Cool

I wasn't even talking about you, because I've never met you IRL AFAIK. But it sure would have been great to come with our mutual acquaintance to your dd's wedding. Then I could have said I know you. It's a shame that I couldn't just hop on a plane and leave my kids with dh. Oh well. At least I got to see a picture.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:27 pm
[quote="boysrus"]
mommyla wrote:
I recognized four. I don't go out of my way to figure people out but sometimes a post (or two or ten) just hits me as "hey, I know that person!"

If anyone's recognized me, I'd appreciate knowing about it. PM me![/quote]

so the question is if I know who somebdoy is, how can I am PM them without them asking me who I am and how I know them? Fact is , I have recognised an old friend on imamother from many identifying details that she has posted. But, I really value my anonymity, so how can I PM her to say 'hey I know you'? Any thoughts?
I had one person who figured me out (easily) and got my e-mail address and e-mailed me to let me know. That way she didn't have to tell me her screen name.

If you don't want to do that either, then you can probably pm her and say you'd rather not tell who you are.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:54 pm
I only recognize people who aren't careful about hiding their identity, there are posts that don't take much to figure out as they post very revealing public info about themselves.
Ex: in my small neighborhood, a major thing happened to a women and someone posted that it's her sister, Someone posted something obvious about herself and the small town she lives in, so I knew right away.
My cousin posted a family story that many know and was obvious who she is from the way it was told. A friend posted many details about something she was going through.

I don't look to figure out who's who, I don't really care, but sometimes, it's unmistakable.

I personally am super careful when posting under my sn not to post anything obvious about me. I'm more nervous about a few years down the line regretting somethings and having a hard time finding old posts to delete or change etc.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics