Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Advice on how to mesh flylady and a cleaning lady

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:42 pm
The first time I used flylady I was a SAHM with 3 kids (2 in school full day and 1 home with me). I was able to follow her program, keep it up and succeed.

Right now I work part time those 3 kids are in school full time and there is a 4th (baby). I pretty much have full time help (6 hours a day, 5 days a week). I hardly do ANY housework. I feel like if I'm paying her why should I do any laundry, wash dishes, make beds, etc.

How do I mesh the idea of flylady without me taking on jobs around the house. Or maybe the answer is that I still need to do things around the house and find extra jobs for the housekeeper to do.

My big problem with doing the babysteps would be failing at the first step: Shine your sink!
Why should I wash and dishes if the housekeeper will do the dinner dishes and breakfast dishes for me?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
The first time I used flylady I was a SAHM with 3 kids (2 in school full day and 1 home with me). I was able to follow her program, keep it up and succeed.

Right now I work part time those 3 kids are in school full time and there is a 4th (baby). I pretty much have full time help (6 hours a day, 5 days a week). I hardly do ANY housework. I feel like if I'm paying her why should I do any laundry, wash dishes, make beds, etc.

How do I mesh the idea of flylady without me taking on jobs around the house. Or maybe the answer is that I still need to do things around the house and find extra jobs for the housekeeper to do.

My big problem with doing the babysteps would be failing at the first step: Shine your sink!
Why should I wash and dishes if the housekeeper will do the dinner dishes and breakfast dishes for me?

Make sure to maintain the household the days you don't have cleaning help. Beds made, dishes washed, counters clean, etc.
And make sure cleaning help is regularly rotating the extras that you would do with flylady so things don't get neglected like Windows, shades, dusting, etc. She should have a schedule for these things too.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 6:21 am
If you can not clean, skip it. If you can only do one day what bothers you, also.
Mine comes twice a week, that time I don't do any of the chores. That is, when I had started Flylady. lol.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 7:05 am
Instead of flylady, you might like her inspiration Sidetracked Home Executives. They use a card system where every possible job is designated on a card based on how often you want to do it and who does it. Even if you don't set up the system, in the back of the book is a great list of every chore known to man. Fill out the chart and figure out how often you want things done and who shold do them, then you make sure the seasonal jobs don' get forgotten.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics