Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Excessive Gift

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:59 pm
How do you react when someone is overly generous with a gift? I feel a little out of place and am not sure how to respond. Is a thank you enough?

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 5:15 pm
maybe a special thank you note to go along with your sentiments

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:17 pm
a thank you is perfect. I tend to be overly generous with gifts. I like to. I'm very appreciative of the ppl in my life. I would hate to think that they are uncomfortable in any way! just a thank you!

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:54 pm
A thank you NOTE is imperative. Meaning, something you make up yourself in your own words, not a Hallmark card that you write Dear Mr. & Mrs. Blank on top and Sincerely, Amother on the bottom. In it you express your amazement and gratitude, maybe tell them what you did or plan to do with the gift.

If the very generous individuals live near you, inviting them for a Shabbos meal or sending them an especially nice Mishloach Manos as an added token of your appreciation would be nice but not mandatory.

devash1

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 6:29 am
I think a thank you is definitely enough,but everyone appreciates a hand written thank you note. I feel it's so rare to get one these days and when I do I see the person really appreciated my gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics