Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Yoshon

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 1:25 pm
I am looking for something to download or maybe buy that has the codes to see if a food is chodosh. I don't need anything super comprehensive as I live in Israel. I just would like to try not to eat chodosh when I buy American products.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 1:49 pm
http://www.yoshonnetwork.org/

I didn't really check it out - but it seems comprehensive enough to get what you're looking for

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 1:52 pm
greenfire wrote:
http://www.yoshonnetwork.org/

I didn't really check it out - but it seems comprehensive enough to get what you're looking for

Wow! I've gotta look closer at it, but it looks amazing! TYVM!

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:00 pm
are you sure you don't feel abused with more information than you asked for Confused Hug Wink

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:12 pm
greenfire wrote:
are you sure you don't feel abused with more information than you asked for Confused Hug Wink

No, I feel loved! The website is amazing and it answered my question.
But, looks like my cereal might have chodosh problems Sad
Might need a real hug or a snarky hug for those that think it's pathetic that I care about American cereal... Smile!

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:14 pm
or maybe just some old cereal will do ...

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:15 pm
greenfire wrote:
or maybe just some old cereal will do ...

Ya, if anyone has some stale cereal please send it to luppamom@yoshon.com. I'll take anything from August 4th and on.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:22 pm
see I had to like your post even though I wanted to hug it

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 3:04 pm
Um yoshon.com is a registered domain and there is no email address to go to you yet, but we have a gemach here (at The Yoshon Network) Wink

working hard

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:08 pm
What is the date on your cereal? I may be able to help you. In addition, there will be or is already Yoshon cereal from General Mills under the Hashgocho of the Manchester Beis Din in Eretz Yisroel.

working hard

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:15 pm
luppamom wrote:
Ya, if anyone has some stale cereal please send it to luppamom@yoshon.com. I'll take anything from August 4th and on.

Do you mean earlier than August 4th? Later may be a Yoshon problem.
What cereal are you talking about as most cereals have a later date than that?

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:18 pm
working hard wrote:
What is the date on your cereal? I may be able to help you. In addition, there will be or is already Yoshon cereal from General Mills under the Hashgocho of the Manchester Beis Din in Eretz Yisroel.

TY! It's Nestle Cini Minis w/ an OUD (pretty sure DE, but need to check this as well). According to the website Greenie gave me, it is a problem as it is manufactured in Poland so the Yoshon information is not known.
Other than that the date is 04.08.2015... WAIT is that August or April? Maybe I've been in Israel too long. It could be that it's before Pesach and in that case... IT MUST BE YOSHON! As for chometz problems, I doubt it sat in the store for that long...Any idea about if Nestle does DD/MM or MM/DD?

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:19 pm
working hard wrote:
Do you mean earlier than August 4th? Later may be a Yoshon problem.
What cereal are you talking about as most cereals have a later date than that?

I meant earlier than, but didn't want to change my post as I hate that "last edited thing". Sorry for the confusion.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:04 pm
If you send an email to chodosh@sefer.org you get a PDF of all the info for american products, which actually includes some Israeli products as well because it's basically meant for anything you'd want to buy in America including Israeli products that are sold here. You can order print copies as well.

working hard

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:43 pm
luppamom wrote:
TY! It's Nestle Cini Minis w/ an OUD (pretty sure DE, but need to check this as well). According to the website Greenie gave me, it is a problem as it is manufactured in Poland so the Yoshon information is not known.
Other than that the date is 04.08.2015... WAIT is that August or April? Maybe I've been in Israel too long. It could be that it's before Pesach and in that case... IT MUST BE YOSHON! As for chometz problems, I doubt it sat in the store for that long...Any idea about if Nestle does DD/MM or MM/DD?

It may not be Yoshon because Poland gets chodosh wheat much earlier than America. The main reason for this is that they have almost no quality control and federal regulations like America has. Manufacturers can be using Chodosh wheat as early as 3 weeks to a month after Pesach. So unless it was manufactured before Pesach there is no real way of knowing.
As far as the code, I do not have access to the Polish code database.

working hard

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:44 pm
seeker wrote:
If you send an email to chodosh@sefer.org you get a PDF of all the info for american products, which actually includes some Israeli products as well because it's basically meant for anything you'd want to buy in America including Israeli products that are sold here. You can order print copies as well.

You can contact me if you want a printed copy.

luppamom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 1:29 am
Does anyone know the answer to the question about the date. It says 04/08/2015. If I were in America, I would automatically think April 8th. This would be perfect as it is before Pesach. After living in EY for awhile, I automatically read it August 4th.

As for the yoshon guides, thank you so much! They are so helpful. I like to just have a guide instead of bothering ppl to look up codes for me. (Not as this happens very often. B"H, Israeli products are yoshon Smile)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen