Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What is the absolute best brand of opaque black tights...

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:40 am
...for plus-size women?
Something quality enough to relieve my rash from my fat thighs rubbing together?
Control-top without suffocating?
Anonymous because the whole world doesn't need to know about my rash...

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 7:26 am
I know nothing about specific store brand tights (such as Target's Merona, Asos tights, JCPenney tights, etc.) even though those ought to be valid options. In the local BP/Flatbush sock stores, there are limited selections of opaque black with control top in plus size.
I've tried HUE, Berkshire, and MeMoi from the store brands. I wore HUE for the past 10 years because I don't like the Berkshire. There are three seams in the control top, two in the back. If that doesn't bother you, they are a nice, deep shade of black and the control top is not particularly tight (something I disliked about them as well but you might find that an asset- ooh, another brand of tights that target sells- great, an offshoot of an offshoot in parenthesis, I'm rambling, this is why I'm amother embarrassed ...).
The HUE are a great fit. they don't do the whole ankle sag thing and I find the control top to be perfect, as in not too tight but you can still see/ feel a difference. I also feel they last longest, as in up to a whole winter. The cons are color- not the deepest shade of black, and price- by far the most expensive (though if levante made a plus size opaque, they'd cost more. levante is my go to for sheer nude.)
I only recently tried the MeMoi tights and washed it only a couple of times so I can't vouch for the longevity of it, but so far, so decent. they pimpled at the top of the control top, but the leg still looks nice. it's a really deep black and has a nice finish, making it good for dressy occasions. You can buy two pairs for the price of one HUE, making it the most affordable of the three. Con- control top is almost completely useless, stops the legs from bunching down it does slip at the waistline. I can only find one con for the tights, but for me it's a biggie. Hey, it might not happen for others. I do continue wearing them but only under a shaper.
The store also sells MeMoi microfiber and Melas microfiber tights, possibly other brands but I don't like microfiber. If that doesn't bother you, give those a try.

nylon

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:41 am
Spanx Tight End Tights. The opaques are NOT as tight as regular Spanx, they are comparable to regular control tops IMO. If "muffin top" is an issue for you they make a high waist version that I love (no rolling down!)

Downside? They are $35 a pair.

If you want really opaque ones (Spanx are about equivalent to 40 denier IMO), Sternlein makes 85% cotton tights in plus. They are made in Germany and very high quality but as I am high waisted they don't fit me quite as well as the Spanx. You can buy them here: http://www.josanaturally.com/82028P.html

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 12:05 pm
George by Walmart

Barbara

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 12:25 pm
I've been having a lot of luck with Lane Bryant brand. They're expensive unless they're on sale.

Hue and Merona (Target brand) are also good.

jayle

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 12:45 pm
The absolutely very best opaque tights that I have found are memoir.They are so comfortable even with the control top, and they fit like a dream, they don't slide down at all not at the waist and not at the top of the legs,
I could never find comfortable opaque tights tried so many brands until I found these, honestly I bless them every day.
They are also very generously sized.

mommy1108

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:54 pm
Spanx tight end black opaque. They are like $21 but so far I have never thrown out a pair.... In the 6/7 years I've been wearing them. I just add different sizes to my collection. Don't get sheer, don't rip, don't run, don't pill

musicmom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 6:39 am
Levante! They are opaque, comfy and last forever!!!! This may be a spinoff, but what brand of nude tights/ stockings do you guys recommend?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 7:10 am
Ave

esmom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 8:52 am
I love Berkshire

nomilessthan

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:02 am
I vote spanx!!!

ticklemepink

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:40 am
I love spanx but they are $$$$$

YChannah

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:41 am
spanx and dkny are my 2 favs!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:55 am
Weisner store in Williamsburg sells their own exclusive tights called maxi 1. It's a microfiber extremely stretchable but not flimsy or too tight. They last forever untill you get stuck in a nail. And all that its around $6 a pair.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:55 am
falke
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics