Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel Too Thin?

RW

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 6:44 pm
I recently bought a full sheitel after wearing only a fall for many years. The hair on the sheitel seems very thin, much thinner than my fall. Is this normal? Are falls normally thicker than full sheitels? My mother told me that she thinks that thinner sheitels look more natural. Is this true? I just dont really have experience with full sheitels.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 4:42 am
Thin hair is just another type

naomi6

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 5:28 am
Mrs. Stein in Boro Park added hair into a few of my wigs-it becomes so managable when she does it. You can put in as little or as much as you feel you need. Her phone number is 718 331 3766

ricotta

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:49 am
It depends on the sheitel and the head that is wearing it. Some are thicker, some thinner.

A thin sheitel would look ridiculous on me because I have a ton of hair stuffed underneath, plus a size large head, and I have thick hair naturally so a thick sheitel looks "natural" on me.

Don't worry about the sheitel so much as how it looks on you. Do you like the way it looks?

RW

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 1:31 pm
OP here: I like the way the sheitel looks when on me. However, when on a wig head, you can see the netting as well as the white from the wig head right through the hair. That bothers me a little.

ricotta

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 9:14 pm
And what about when you're wearing it? can you see through it when it's on your head?

Is is a light hair color?

If you're really unhappy with it can you return it? If not, as a pp suggested, you could get an extra bit of hair sewn in.

hinenimuchan

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:00 pm
The sheitel falls differently on the wig head than it does on yours. Have someone else look at it on you. Then you will have reassurance or resolve to fix it.

luppamom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:16 pm
ricotta wrote:
It depends on the sheitel and the head that is wearing it. Some are thicker, some thinner.

A thin sheitel would look ridiculous on me because I have a ton of hair stuffed underneath, plus a size large head, and I have thick hair naturally so a thick sheitel looks "natural" on me.

Don't worry about the sheitel so much as how it looks on you. Do you like the way it looks?

That's funny. I have extremely thick hair and my sheital macher got me s/t not so thick. She said it would look ridiculous to have so much hair stuffed under a thick sheital. (I donated hair right after DD was born.) My shaitel is not thin, but it's definitely not thick. It looks much thicker b/c my hair poofs it out.

RW

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 5:32 am
ricotta wrote:
And what about when you're wearing it? can you see through it when it's on your head?

Is is a light hair color?

If you're really unhappy with it can you return it? If not, as a pp suggested, you could get an extra bit of hair sewn in.

Yesterday while the sheitel was on, I looked at the back of my head with a mirror and I couldnt see anything throgh the hair. The just to be sure, I asked my husband if he couldnt see the netting and he said no. Maybe im just looking for something to worry about? Or Maybe the sheitel lies differently on the wig head than it does on my on head.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels