Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Looking for good Jewish DVD

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:13 pm
I usually buy individual Chanukah presents for my kids, but this year money is tight and we can't do that. I would like to buy a DVD that they would all enjoy. They range from 7 - 17. I don't expect the 17 year old to appreciate it, but he is old enough to know that money is tight and I think he will understand.

We don't own a lot of DVDs, we usually take secular DVDs out of the library when I want to let them watch. If I'm buying I prefer it to be Jewish. We own some Hasc concerts, those they all enjoy. I could buy another one, but I would like to do something different. Are there any really good Jewish story dvds that they can all enjoy?

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:44 pm
There are whole bunch of jewish story dvds. GreenTech media is one company, there are a few others. My kids like "a generous mistake" a two part dvd. "The sword" 3 part dvd. "Room 32" is also very good that my kids enjoy. I think you can get these and more from mostly music or eichlers.

Terri

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:17 am
I just wish these-and especially the women's dvds out there-would come with a short description of the storyline so I can know if it's what I'm interested in! How can I only judge from the cover (and producer)?? Then I'd buy much more easily.
Pet peeve.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:01 am
I don't know about the women's one, but the GreenTech ones all come with a description.

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:38 pm
"The heart that sings "is for women only. It is amazingly done and girls of all ages enjoy it immensely.
A light for greytowers is also nice. I think theyre produced by Robin Garbose.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:06 pm
Coke Slurpee wrote:
There are whole bunch of jewish story dvds. GreenTech media is one company, there are a few others. My kids like "a generous mistake" a two part dvd. "The sword" 3 part dvd. "Room 32" is also very good that my kids enjoy. I think you can get these and more from mostly music or eichlers.

Thank you. Mostly Music didn't have any descriptions at all, Eichlers only had The Sword, they had a description, but it doesn't sound like what I am looking for. I really don't like all of these spy stories. I wish mostly music had descriptions, I don't know how people buy dvds without them.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:15 pm
Sorry the descriptions are on the backs of the dvd. If you can get to a store that would be best. I have most of the GreenTech media ones so I can help if you know what type of dvd you are looking for. (If you're in chicago, I have a gemach for them. ) I have mainly boys so I never do the women's ones. So I can't help with those.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:22 pm
Thanks, you are so sweet to offer. I really don't know what I'm looking for. I need for both boys and girls. They usually watch secular movies, recently they loved Finding Nemo, Frozen, Despicable Me, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. They watched Berel and the Bus Driver recently and really liked it.
I guess I just want an interesting story, no spy business. I also really don't like Agent Emes.

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 12:52 am
Off hand I would say "a generous mistake", a two part dvd sounds good. Its funny about two neighbors who each think the other persons kid is very sick and secretly collects money for each other.
"The challenge" is also good about a secular guy who bets his friends he can act chareidi and pass as a chareidi bochur in yeshiva. Its very funny.
my kids enjoy those two alot.
ill try to think of others that you might like and post more tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics