Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO Lakewood(NJ) motel/hotel

DallasIma

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 12:09 pm
Will be visiting family in Lakewood sometime in the next two months - short stay, probably under a week. Anyone know of any good motels/hotels in the area (preferably in the NE part of Lakewood, closer to the the Tamarind/Mandarin subdivision)?

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 12:31 pm
There are a few motels in Howell on rt9
That's NE

Do you need for Shabbos too

DallasIma

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 12:34 pm
Not sure yet if I need for Shabbos in Lakewood. I'll probably be in Brooklyn that Shabbos and I can easily find places there.

I heard a motel or apartment-motel advertised on Kol B'Ramah a few months ago and can't remember the name of it.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:25 pm
I don't think there is anything within walking distance but the drive would be just a few minutes.

If you want to be catered to and have breakfast served there is the King Solomon Suites.

If you want to spend as little as possible and don't care about appearance - there is the Capital.

There are apartments that were just renovated to rent out to short term guests ... I forgot what they are called but they were advertised as something to do with hachnosas orchim places for out of towners coming in for a simcha...

There are the motels along route 9 ...

Or maybe the people you are visiting have neighbors with a finished basement that you can use??? That's probably the best way to go!

Last edited by lkwdlady on Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:27 pm
So many people will put you up with no cost to you - that's the beauty of a town like Lakewood! PM me - I know someone who puts people up as a chessed (private home)
debsey

DallasIma

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:30 pm
I had heard a while back that the Solomon Suites closed. I don't know if that's true or not. Once I stayed there and it was beautiful.

AFAIK, most families (at least in that subdivision) are either renting out their basements or living there.

debsey, thanks, I'll pm you.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:30 pm
Solomon Suites is closed. (Became another dorm for Yeshiva)

Capital Hotel is NOT nogeiah!

There is a Hilton and Ramada on the border of Lakewood/Brick.

There are also guest apaprtment rentals in the Ridge (not far from Tamarind) or Arlington neighborhoods. Don't know their number.

mommyla

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:00 pm
I just heard an ad for this on the radio: http://www.lakewoodhosts.com/apartments/

They're guest apartments for rent. There are some located in the Ridge area, which is fairly close to Tamarind Park - depending on where in Ridge they may even be walking distance.

Do NOT under any circumstances stay at the Capitol.

I wouldn't stay at any of the motels on Route 9 in Howell, they look seedy to me (but then again I'm picky). The Ramada and the Hilton suggested above are decent but not that close to Tamarind. If you're not staying for Shabbos that's not a problem, those hotels are less than 15 minutes away by car.

ETA: I just looked through that website and neither of the Ridge apartments is in walking distance to Tamarind. Not sure why they're labeled "Ridge 1" and "Ridge 3" - I wonder if there's a "Ridge 2" in there somewhere that may be closer.

DallasIma

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:09 pm
Ah, OK, Lakewood Hosts was the place I had heard about on Kol B'Ramah. It was driving me crazy b/c I couldn't remember. Thanks! I'm exploring other options now but this is very, very useful to know about, and I'm bookmarking their website.

Thanks so much! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics