Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Does anyone else have a toddler who is ruining their life?
Previous  1  2

Have you every felt like your toddler is ruining your life?
Yes  
 46%  [ 21 ]
No  
 53%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 45

m in Israel

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:50 am
OP, you made me think of this poem:

http://allpoetry.com/For-Sale

Seriously, though, I think the biggest thing you need to figure out right now is the sleep issue. A toddler waking up multiple times at night will make the whole day impossible. Do you know WHY he is waking up so frequently?

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 6:20 am
running my life, YES LOL

ruining my life? I don't think I could or would ever say such a thing about my child.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 6:36 am
I can't say she's ruining my life but definitely making it very difficult. If you want to feel less alone see my thread http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....92422 . Btw, she's a handful during the day too.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:10 am
I think people are being too harsh on OP. She is not functioning well due to her toddler, and while she loves him tons, she is so desperate for sleep that it's hard to appreciate spending 24 hours a day with him. Some of the people who answered here seem like they've never had an extremely difficult toddler before. Life becomes like running on a treadmill on a speed that's way too fast, and refuses to slow down. No breaks. No resting. No catching your breath.

I had two toddlers like that. I used to say I wanted to rent out ds- People could pay to have him for a day or two so I could sleep, and maybe even sit and relax or clean the hurricane we call a home before he comes back. Then I could feel like a person again.

I guess it's impossible to explain the feeling adequately. I always adored ds, every single second, yet at the same time, I couldn't keep going the way we were going. He didn't sleep, and he never stopped moving for a second. He craved movement, so he was always running and always wrecking things. And by always, I mean around five wreckages a second.

I'm not sure if OPs toddler is quite like that. If so, therapy is a necessity. If not, she may just be a normal toddler seeking routine and attention.

pickle321

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 8:49 am
the world's best mom wrote:
I think people are being too harsh on OP. She is not functioning well due to her toddler, and while she loves him tons, she is so desperate for sleep that it's hard to appreciate spending 24 hours a day with him. Some of the people who answered here seem like they've never had an extremely difficult toddler before. Life becomes like running on a treadmill on a speed that's way too fast, and refuses to slow down. No breaks. No resting. No catching your breath.

I had two toddlers like that. I used to say I wanted to rent out ds- People could pay to have him for a day or two so I could sleep, and maybe even sit and relax or clean the hurricane we call a home before he comes back. Then I could feel like a person again.

I guess it's impossible to explain the feeling adequately. I always adored ds, every single second, yet at the same time, I couldn't keep going the way we were going. He didn't sleep, and he never stopped moving for a second. He craved movement, so he was always running and always wrecking things. And by always, I mean around five wreckages a second.

I'm not sure if OPs toddler is quite like that. If so, therapy is a necessity. If not, she may just be a normal toddler seeking routine and attention.

Had she said I love my son more than anything, but sometimes he makes me crazy etc and then said what she had to say I don't think people would have been as upset by what she said. But all she said was negative about her son, no but I love him anyway and wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world etc....

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 8:56 am
I have a child who has been a toddler for the last 5 years. He started his terrible twos when he was 1, and while his self control and awareness of consequences has gradually increased over the years, at 6-years-old he still has a lot more in common with toddlers than with school age children. He is the world's cutest child, and I love him to pieces, but sometimes I wouldn't mind renting him out at night so I could get some sleep. It used to be that on days when I had no sleep I sounded just like the op. This is as bad as I sounded http://www.imamother.com/forum.....lland and nobody criticized me here for venting. Over the years, I got used to functioning without sleep, but I do understand that after a sleepless night, its hard to find the bright side to anything.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 9:45 am
I thought it said "running your life" not ruining...I never would have voted if I realized the wording.

tf

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 12:13 am
OP, where do you live. Some neighborhoods have government funded playgroups. Also, how about forming a group of toddlers on the block or so, and every day a different mom keeps them busy?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics