Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HOW DO I TAKE OUT SMOKE SMELL?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 12:05 pm
How do I get rid of smoke in my house and all things in it? My neighbor had a fire and the smoke spread around all over.
Second day already and the smell is everywhere in all my clothes, furniture, it is unbearable... Any suggestions how to get the smell out would be appreciated!!!!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 12:09 pm
I once heard that you are supposed to get a fan and place it in front of your front door (with the door open and fan facing inwards and have it blow clean air into your home). Obviously if you live in an apartment building where the hallway smells like smoke as well this tip will not work... Maybe used a window? You also need to have your carpets and furniture professionally cleaned, and you'll need to launder all linen, curtains, etc. as they absorb the smoke smell. You also need to constantly dust and clean the walls and especially the floors because you'll find smoke particles there for a while after the initial fire so you'll need to clean and clean and clean again. I would suggest doing some research online and contacting a reputable cleaning agency... They may have experience with fires. You'll also probably need to launder and/or air out your clothing. HATZLACHA RABA

It's really difficult to get rid of that smell; especially if it burned through many items: BH your apartment/home is intact. How are your neighbors doing?

LovetoLive

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 12:14 pm
it is really hard to take out the smoke. some things you can wash really well and it will be fine but others you may have to throw out.
good luck!

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 12:17 pm
you're going to need a lot of air, baking soda & do a lot of laundry

then pray most of it disappears

kakky

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 1:17 pm
place bowls of vinegar around the house. It really helps.

curlyhead

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:18 pm
From experience:
clothing wash
furniture and whatever else air out and spray and wipe
Give your house a good clean and vaacume.
There are services which do it if desperate
Time Helps
If smoke blackened the walls you will need to repaint
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics