Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hotel for Pesach with baby

kelsorino

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 5:41 pm
Hi,

My husbands parents just offered for us to come with them for to a hotel for pesach. Just trying to figure out what to do.

Has anyone done this with a baby? How does it work. My child is going to be 1 at the time and isnt the type of baby that can stay up late. He gets VERY overwhelmed with new people, crowds and noises so he would need to be kind of kept away from people (unless he grows out of this but he has been this way since he was about 2 months old so I'm not counting on it).

I don't mind keeping him away in quieter ares when he gets overwhelmed but how does that work with sedarim? Am I supposed to put him to sleep in a room by himself then go to the seder? The rooms don't lock on yom tov/ shabbas because they are electric and I just cant imagine leaving him by himself in a room? From experience the sedarim are in a huge room with hundreds of people are super loud and the type of place my overtired baby would have a huge breakdown. What do people do when they go away for yomtov? I need to give my in-laws an answer so all help would be appreciated. Thank You!!!!

kiwi strawberry

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 6:15 pm
Many of those programs have optional babysitting for the sedarim and yomtov nights for an additional fee. You tell them ahead of time which nights and what hours you want a babysitter and they hire them and bring them to the hotel. The babysitter meets you at the room or wherever you're supposed to meet them and they stay with the baby in the room the whole time (unless there's a problem and they come to your table and get you). Like you could reserve one for 8:30pm-1:30am on seder nights or whatever you want. There is a time limit for the seder nights, like maybe it goes until 2 am.

Another option is to put the baby to sleep in the stroller in your room and then once they're good and sleeping, cover the stroller with a blanket and bring it with you in the dining room. It's not the greatest option because the baby might wake up and you'd have to deal with that but it's a lot cheaper than a babysitter.

A third option is to split babysitting with a room near you, where the babysitter takes turns going between the 2 rooms if you're comfortable with that, but unless you know who's in the room next to you beforehand (like your relatives), you can't really arrange that ahead of time, although you can always call and ask if they have any such option or something similar to that.

Good luck!

morah

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 6:54 pm
These programs have sitters that come to the room. You pay extra for them, though I'm sure if you're not the one paying for the hotel (or for making your own Pesach), you can swing this one expense and call it the cost of making Pesach.

kelsorino

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 7:25 pm
Thanks guys! Super helpful, I will find out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics