Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Caravan by EGS

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:55 pm
Hi Scotty. Just wanted to say that I bought 'Caravan' today as a treat for Yom Tov.... and I've finished reading it already.

I loved it! Obviously.
And 'Pinchas Takes a Toll' made me cry uh, wipe away some tears.

Some stories are missing though... Like the one my kids call 'Eeeeegypt' and the ones set in future on Clark, and the one about the kid called York, so I'm looking forward to Volume 2. No pressure Very Happy

penguin

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 9:32 pm
I just want to know if EGS is a Dorothy Gilman fan...

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:29 pm
The hug is for already finishing your yomtov book ;-) I know the feeling!

motherhen

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 12:03 am
Same here almost done the book, finishing raid now , thank you it really enhanced my yom Tov! correct me if I'm wrong but were some of these published under a pen name?
Also a little disappointed that some of my favorite stories weren't included like the marvelous middos machine one, the one with esti muller and conforming, the one with the pregnant lady and the esrog, the trilogy with the runaway millionaire's daughter -seems like a lot were left out. Any rhyme or reason for v what went in ?
Also loved the yom Kippur piece. Gorgeous!

boysrus

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 7:37 pm
hi everyone, I just came onto imamother to open a new thread recommending htis book, and just checked to see if anyone had done so already!
I highly recommend it! Pinchas the toll man had me in tears too. Again. When I read it initally in the magazine it had the same effect....

Thank you EGS!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room