Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Bais Yaakov Ateres Miriam (Far Rockaway)

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 10:20 pm
I'm thinking of sending my daughter there next year for nursery. Does anyone have a daughter there? Are you happy there? What is the parent body like? How is the administration? I'm also considering TAG, so how are they different besides size? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

amother

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 12:02 am
same question here....any replies would be appreciated! also if anyone has the number of the school?

amother

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 9:22 am
bump

amother

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 9:42 am
The num is 7188683232. My daughter is in kindergarten. I am very happy and my daughter is finally telling me what she does in school.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 9:46 am
I forgot to add that when the busing was messed up in the beg and I couldn't do carpool bec I work full time, rabbi neuman drive my daughter to school so she wouldn't miss a day. I was so amazed. It's gng to b an amazing school!!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 3:52 pm
bump

amother

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 8:43 pm
Does anyone send there?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 8:57 pm
any one send?! I would love to hear about ur experience....I have to decide between this school or tag! so hard!

mama mia

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:08 pm
I send to both schools. Different nice things in each one. I'm very happy with BYAM and if they had a grade old enough for my older daughter she'd be there, too.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 10:34 pm
I send and can't say enough WONDERFUL things about the school. You honestly can't compare the2 schools. TAG is huge, has been around forever, has a high school, things are established. BYAM is new, young, getting into its groove. The parent body for the most part is young. Rabbi Neuman is beyond exceptional, a true educator. Mrs Zytman is the most educated concerned principal EVER. She cares about each girls success, honestly, she amazes me. My older daughter went to BBY and I knew I would never send there again. I actually pulled a daughter our of TAG to put with Rabbi Neuman because his philosophy on education is just so real, not fluff. If you are looking for a great school, BYAM is it. But recognize it is small and still growing. If for example, you need hot lunch every day, TAG is your school. Of you like fancy. field trips, TAG AGAIN. But BYAM has trips too, just not fancy ones. Hot lunch one day a week. But I wouldn't trade anything for the staff and administration at BYAM or the hashgacha my daughter's getting. No choice, If you can get in, NYAM is the BEST school ever.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
I send and can't say enough WONDERFUL things about the school. You honestly can't compare the2 schools. TAG is huge, has been around forever, has a high school, things are established. BYAM is new, young, getting into its groove. The parent body for the most part is young. Rabbi Neuman is beyond exceptional, a true educator. Mrs Zytman is the most educated concerned principal EVER. She cares about each girls success, honestly, she amazes me. My older daughter went to BBY and I knew I would never send there again. I actually pulled a daughter our of TAG to put with Rabbi Neuman because his philosophy on education is just so real, not fluff. If you are looking for a great school, BYAM is it. But recognize it is small and still growing. If for example, you need hot lunch every day, TAG is your school. Of you like fancy. field trips, TAG AGAIN. But BYAM has trips too, just not fancy ones. Hot lunch one day a week. But I wouldn't trade anything for the staff and administration at BYAM or the hashgacha my daughter's getting. No choice, If you can get in, NYAM is the BEST school ever.

Had to respond because I LOVE TAG. It's a fantastic school and while yes it is large, it is extremely caring about each girl individually and they will do ANYTHING to help a kid.. they are so on top of things, and do their very best to help each girl flourish. I currently have girls in the elementary school and Mrs. Feldman is fantastic and knows all the girls. The teachers are amazing too, are so accessible and also work tirelessly to help the needs of each kid, educationally as well as emotionally.
I may have even been the original amother here because I looked at both schools, and I wasn't impressed with my meeting at BYAM. I felt much of it was spent putting down the other schools as opposed to saying what's special about BYAM and it sort of turned me off. I know many people are happy there, but I just wanted to tell you that TAG is an extremely special school as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers