Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Need advice on stroller for three young kids

LovinLife

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 2:32 pm
Hi there. I am currently expecting, ba"h. I will, please G-d have three under the age of three. I have a double stroller already but am worried that my won't-even-be-three-year-old won't be able to walk so far on shabbos. What stroller options are there (not triple strollers) which would allow for a double stroller PLUS a stand-on options? From what I see of these, the glider boards do not attach on double strollers. I am looking for a not-too-expensive option. I don't want to have to take my single AND double, as often I meet my husband at shul and have to push the kids alone.

Also looking for recommendations of lightweight and inexpensive double strollers to keep in the trunk that I can shlep around. Must have seat which goes to flat for new baby.

Thanks so much to all the stroller expert Mommies out there!

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 2:37 pm
LovinLife wrote:
Hi there. I am currently expecting, ba"h. I will, please G-d have three under the age of three. I have a double stroller already but am worried that my won't-even-be-three-year-old won't be able to walk so far on shabbos. What stroller options are there (not triple strollers) which would allow for a double stroller PLUS a stand-on options? From what I see of these, the glider boards do not attach on double strollers. I am looking for a not-too-expensive option. I don't want to have to take my single AND double, as often I meet my husband at shul and have to push the kids alone.

Also looking for recommendations of lightweight and inexpensive double strollers to keep in the trunk that I can shlep around. Must have seat which goes to flat for new baby.

I would say, wear the baby and put the other two in the stroller.

MMCH

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 2:42 pm
My good friend has a Valco with the third seat than can be put in the middle/on top of the two seats
this is what it looked like.. she ended up hating it and never used it. the stroller was insanely heavy to push.

http://www.amazon.com/Valco-Ba.....+seat

I would advise you not to buy it, but rather buy boogie board for your three your old, or wear your newborn.

A lot can change from now until you have the baby, and your big one might want to start walking more than you think, and the buggy board is the perfect, hop on hop off option.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb.....board
good luck

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 2:45 pm
LovinLife wrote:

The other note: speaking from experience, when you have three little kids, you might not go "so far on shabbes" anymore. There are fewer things that you can handle with so many little ones.

teddyb

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 2:46 pm
On shabbos assuming you are going with your dh you can have one of you push a double and the other a single. Or you can baby wear.

A double for the car... we bought the mia moda double and were very happy with it so far. its an umbrella stroller that reclines and pushes decently. I use it for mall trips, quick stops and for travelling (it takes up very little space in the car which is good being that we have 2 in a sedan plus whatever else we need to shlep along for pesach or whatever....) it not great outdoors, tho we have used to visit people and it pushes decently- but nothing like our jogger of course. it cost about $100.

Last edited by teddyb on Thu, Jan 01 2015, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 3:21 pm
Which double do you have? There are definitely options for a double with a riding board. For example, the englacha riding board works with a double city mini, britax b agile, maclaren, Bob duallie, baby trend and others.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 3:29 pm
Single valco worth the jump seat and the hitchhiker in back.
The mountain buggy has a scooter that attaches for an older child to ride on

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 3:30 pm
ABC Adventure Buggy has the option of adding seats on top. My friend in BP is selling a used one for about 250. its a side by side double with options to add 2 more seats on top, she has 1. you can put the 2 bigger kids in seats and the baby on the top.

STovah

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 7:51 pm
Personally, I loved my double valco with the jump seat. If you walk a lot, it might not be a bad idea, assuming you have a place to store it.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 7:56 pm
The englanchas attach to any stroller, single or double.

Just don't get the light-up one because you can't shut it for shabbos.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 8:06 pm
First let me ask. Why no triple stroller? I had 4 kids under age 4 and I had many different strollers, because there is no perfect stroller.

When I had a 2 year old and 8 months old twins, I bought a triple baby jogger (I was the 3rd owner) That stroller was amazing. It is lightweight and easy to push. You cannot fit it inside of many places, but to walk to shul or the park it is amazing. I continued using it when I had another baby when my twins were 2 y and my eldest was 3 (he got the boot). For every day use, I used either a double tandem graco and carried the baby and the 3yr old held onto the stroller, or a double side by side Maclaren, same scenario.

If it is not a far distance, young children can learn to hold onto the stroller and walk.

I used my triple jogger until my teins were past 4 y and my baby was past 2y, And then I sold it, so I certainly got my money's worth. Just something to consider.

Oh -I also had a tandem triple stroller, baby trend I believe. I used it only a handful of time because it was so difficult to push. But I was the 2nd owner and it was cheap.

gande

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:10 pm
I have city mini double. When my 3rd was born I attached the hitchhiker buggy board to it. It was a little uncomfortable for the kid because the head had to be between the handle bar and the stroller, but it was ok. Then we discovered that it is very comfortable and safe for a 21/2 year old to sit on the top of the handlebar facing the parent. So since then, we got rid of the buggy board do it that way. Now I had my fourth and we put two kids on top. Surprisingly, it wasnt very heavy to push the stroller. I have this stroller for four years and it never broke. The fold is not the smallest, but very compact and easy to fold. We used it in a tiny trunk with suitcases for a while.

imaima

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 2:12 am
I also put three kids in city mini double by extending one sit in the lying position all the way and opening the canopy above it. The older kids sat in there one behind the other (none of them was buckled up) and the baby went to the other part. It was an emergency option though, when the oldest got really tired. I wouldn't go out like this lehatchila.

sitting

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 3:15 am
Ibsee a lot of ppl use the mountain buggy double and seat the eldest on the front triangle bit. Obviously not the safest option or suitable for longer walks but if 3 yr old will mostly walk and occasionally need a sit down its a good option

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 3:29 am
sitting wrote:
Ibsee a lot of ppl use the mountain buggy double and seat the eldest on the front triangle bit. Obviously not the safest option or suitable for longer walks but if 3 yr old will mostly walk and occasionally need a sit down its a good option

If you choose this option, make sure to use the belly bar so he could holds on well.
I have the old double mountain buggy and have piled 5 kids in it. Put the seats all the way back, Berger kid in back smaller on their lap and one on the footrest. Put one on the hood too!. If you do something crazy like this, have DH push Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics