Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HELP! Stinky garbage!
Previous  1  2

rachel6543

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 5:09 pm
I would also make sure you have really throughly cleaned out the garbage can itself. A few months ago my can smelled awful. I let it soak overnight with bleach, baking soda and some Oxiclean. Totally took care of the smell. I sometimes go a week without taking out the trash and don't have any smell problems now.

Bruria

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 1:12 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
OP said she does that every time and she still has this problem.
No, the OP says that she takes it out usually once a week because that's when it's full. I meant that she should take it out daily or every two days and clean it, not just have scented bags. You don't need to be so defensive of the OP, I was just giving suggestions to help her, I wasn't criticizing her.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 1:15 am
Bruria wrote:
No, the OP says that she takes it out usually once a week because that's when it's full. I meant that she should take it out daily or every two days and clean it, not just have scented bags. You don't need to be so defensive of the OP, I was just giving suggestions to help her, I wasn't criticizing her.

A little reading comprehension? In her OP she said:

Quote:
It's not the actual garbage bin itself because I thoroughly clean it every time I change the bag.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 9:12 am
I will try to use smaller bags and just line the can with a big bag to protect the can. I do clean the can every single time I change the bags but last night I noticed the can itself has a little smell too so we may be getting a new one. It's not an expensive can just a plastic one so I rather buy a brand new one than have it soaked and scrubbed. It is not under the sink it just sits in the corner of the kitchen and it has a lid. I'm gonna put some baking soda for Shabbos and use smaller bags and we'll get a new one later. Thank you all for posting I really do appreciate it Very Happy

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 10:33 am
When you buy a new one - consider buying one with a lid.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry