Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Fancy but easy cake for bas mitzvah

e1234

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 1:33 pm
my daughter has to bring to school for her class for her bas mitzva - a nice desert to share.

Any ideas?
something simple but very nice for 12 year olds?

November

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 4:14 pm
We brought in cupcakes with icing and chocolate shavings (I don't like food colors) for the class. They loved them!

Smile1234

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 4:23 pm
I second cupcakes. That was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

little_mage

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 6:22 pm
It's unclear to me from your post if you're baking something at your house or not, and if not please feel free to disregard this idea. What about getting one of those fancy shaped pans? You could even fill it with a mix, but it'll look all complicated, even though it won't actually be. Depending on the size of the class, you might have to make more then one.

ROFL

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 6:23 pm
How about a pudding whipped cream parfait?

thanks

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 7:12 pm
My kids love chocolate chip cookie pie. 1 frozen pie crust, fill it with chocolate chip cookie dough (homemade or store bought), and bake for 20 min. The salty crust, and the soft cookie dough make a yummy treat.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 7:51 pm
This silicone cupcake mold might be useful:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....psc=1

studying_torah

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 9:21 pm
Are you allowed to send in home made treats? Not every school allows it.

e1234

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 2:18 am
this is homemade treats

cupcakes or cookies won't do - she wants something fancy (the other girls have brought fancy stuff)

How about a pudding whipped cream parfait?

do you have a recipe?

ROFL

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 2:48 am
Pudding whipped parfait us simple.
I get the Osem instant pudding and whatever cookies are available Oreos are best but you can also use graham crackers just layer in individual little cups pudding cookie crumbs and whipped cream. Depending on how big you cups are you can use both vanilla and choclate puddings and cookies in between them , then whip cream on top. If you want to make it easier make it in a trifle bill ( big glass bowl) very simple and you can add fruit if you like or other candy inside ( like chopped up candy bars)

Enjoy

e1234

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 4:09 am
Quote:
I get the Osem instant pudding and whatever cookies are available Oreos are best but you can also use graham crackers just layer in individual little cups pudding cookie crumbs and whipped cream. Depending on how big you cups are you can use both vanilla and choclate puddings and cookies in between them , then whip cream on top

Thanks - so first we put a layer of cookeis - then choc pudding (made) , then cookied, and then vanilla & then cookies and whipped cream?

is that it?

do you buy whipped cream in a can or whip it up?

ROFL

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 4:17 am
I usually buy the frozen whips and use that!
Mazal tov and enjoy !

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 8:38 pm
I would stick with cupcakes ... they're always a hit & easy to make

dollop frosting on the top with a pastry tube & star tip ... going around in a circle

then use pretty FUN sprinkles & voila

JAWSCIENCE

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 9:59 pm
cupcakes become fancier in the decorating. check out the hello cupcake books and other similarly decorated items. I have made some in shapes of animals, flowers, etc.

or to give us an idea of the standard - what exactly are the other girls bringing in?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins