Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
12 quart pot chicken soup recipe please!!

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:24 pm
I just bought a larger size pot so I can finally make chicken soup to freeze, for a few weeks at a time.
Can someone please post an exact recipe for this size pot? Generally use mostly chicken bones and 1/4 of chicken, zucchini, carrots, sweet potato, sometimes celery, parsnip, onions, and garlic.
All suggestions welcome! TIA!

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:28 pm
I make this in 12 qt pot-I get 6 containers soup. 4chicken bottoms, 3 turkey drumsticks, 1large onion, 1 head garlic, 2 squash, 1knob celery-large, 2 parsnip, 2 parsley root, 4 stalks celery, 2 bunches dill fresh, 4 loose carrots, 1 large turnip, 2 kolrabi, 3 tablespoons salt, make sure the pot is full till top with the vegetables then add water, cook till water is yellow, and stuff in there is soft. let the veggies and turkey drain in colander for a while you can get about 8 oz like that. enjoy!

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:33 pm
Thank you so much! Sounds delicious

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:37 pm
every one of those ing are imp. it makes the taste. whenever I try to skimp I really feel the difference.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:52 pm
I large package chicken bones (about 3 lbs)
1 lb carrots in chunks
5 stalks celery
1 large parsnip
2 parsley roots
6 cloves garlic, skins removed
4 slices ginger, each about the thickness of a quarter
6 quarts water

I usually start soup in the morning. Read on and you'll see why.

Put all ingredients in a 12-quart pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 hours. Let cool for awhile (like 2 hours) with lid still on. Remove some of the veggies — about 2 cups — and puree them in a Ninja or blender. Pour the soup broth into a small pot and into freezer containers, leaving some room at the top. Add some pureed vegetables to each of the freezer containers and to the small pot. Take some remaining veggies and chicken meat to put into soup the first week (after that you just have broth).

I tried to give exact amounts but this is an inexact sort of recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics